Thursday, October 29, 2009

If You Blog ... They Will Give


I've finally come to the true purpose of my blog... getting free stuff! No not really, although receiving that 2 gallon tin of Garrett Cheese and Caramel Popcorn was a very nice surprise. And well worth any of the teasing I got from DH about turning into a corporate shill. Hey, if it involves free Garrett Popcorn, sign me up! I was after all a corporate fundraiser at one point in my career.

No, starting the blog probably had more to do with all the pent up energy I had after reading the Twilight series (for the first and then second time with in about 2 weeks). So much to say with really only my little one and DH to hear it and eventually even they got a little tired of my ramblings ... thank goodness for the internet!

Never the less I was recently surprised by some faaaabulous birthday presents that were somehow exactly what I wanted. Gosh, it's like I'd written an ode to what I wanted over the last few months. Where ever did they come up with these ideas?

Sure enough they read right through some of my recent blog posts and picked up on exactly what I wanted! Mamere sent me those fabulous Uggs, I'd been eyeing and wrote about here. Then as if that wasn't enough she also sent along her favorite night cream, Lancome's Bienfait Multi-Vital. And ladies, I tried it last night, its' faaabulous! Thick and creamy but not too heavy or greasy. And I don't want to say I'm disappointed in my readers (I LOVE YOU!) but since no one shared any suggestions I assume you need some of your own so here's a link where you can buy your own jar.


And DH, sweet sweet DH upgraded my sad little Ipod shuffle which has been on the fritz lately with a new fancy Apple Nano. Did you know it has a screen and everything?! I feel so very high tech. Oh and I LOVE the color-- UT Burnt Orange. How perfect is that?!

So with all this gift giving lovin it got me thinking that Christmas is right around the corner. Oh this reminds me, I noticed yesterday that our grocery store is selling Egg Nog already! What tha!? Halloween isn't even here yet. And before you ask, no I didn't buy any but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being tempted. I'm holding out for my father-in-law's version. Thank goodness I'll no longer be pregnant at that point as it's got quite the "punch" as any good holiday beverage should.

Where was I? Oh yes, gifts. Anyway, I must start strategically planning what I want for Christmas and then sporadically post how fabulous I think this or that is. Of course now that both Mamere and DH have read this the gig is up. But for you dear reader there is plenty of time to start your own online gift registry... err I mean blog, that's right blog.

How about some more Garrett Popcorn? Anyone... anyone???

Cheers,
Ouiser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I assume that I am in charge of Thanksgiving egg nog - since you will be non-PG by then?

FFIL (favorite father-in-law)