Monday, October 12, 2009


Happy Columbus Day! And to all my crazy Canadian followers (hee hee) Happy Thanksgiving, eh?



DH is home for the day, although there is a distinct possibility that he may have to go into the office a bit later but until then we are enjoying a relaxed Monday morning at home, yay! Of course I'm a bit under the weather and our son seems to be getting all of his teeth at once so he's a drooly mess. Therefore if I'm a bit brief today its only so that I can go back to hanging out with the family (and cleaning up drool) and not a lack of love for you dear reader or of course today's topic.




I don't know if you are as obsessed with your calendars as I am, but I'm hoping so. Even when I was working full time, and actually especially when I was working full time I was in constant search for the perfect calendar. Between scheduling meetings, conference calls, work travel, family plans and of course birthdays I was and still am totally attached to my calendar. Every fall I'd spend weeks online browsing for a new and better version, then I found it. I remember exactly when and where I was when I found my dream calendar. It was early December 2006 and I was completely out of space in my old calendar. I'd recently picked up a new client that was taking up all of my time, in fact I'd already filled up all the extra pages in the back with work dates-meetings-calls-trips for the new year-- I was desperate.




When I strolled into the little stationary store in Georgetown I was prepared to purchase a "temporary" calendar to tide me over until I could find my "real" one for 2007. Then I saw it, not only was it a beautiful color - Tiffany's blue and a great size (not too big) but it was also perfect inside! It had both a month by month section for long term planning as well as a daily diary with ample room for writing (my handwriting is not exactly tiny). Plus, the back section offers a friendly reminder of the US time zones (oh so helpful when scheduling calls) and plenty of blank note pages which always come in handy!




I snatched it up immediately. It wasn't cheap-- but it was worth it. And in the following years I've found the same version for much much less! As I learned a few days later during a meeting with an uber wealthy donor, Neiman Marcus sells a virtually identical version for about three times as much as the one I have. Looking at his and mine I couldn't tell a difference, other than the fact his had "Neiman Marcus" embossed on the back cover. Now I should say I LOVE Neimans and there are so many wonderful things that you simply can not get anywhere else, I'm just saying this calendar isn't one of them.




Last week as I was struggling to find a place to add a meeting in late January I was reminded that it's about time for me to order my 2010 calendar. Again, I'll be ordering the same calendar although since giving up my full time job to stay at home with our precious son (soon to be sons) I no longer need the daily diary and now go with the weekly version. I still have plenty of room for our doctor's appointments, gym classes and park play dates. My only dilemma will be whether to order the pink or the turquoise.



You can order your own at Barnes & Noble.com in weekly, daily, or pocket versions and they come in a number of different colors.

Oh and if you're looking online do a search for "gallery leather co." in Trenton, Maine. They are the makers of the calendar.



Cheers,

Ouiser

No comments: