Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Blog Find ~ Amalah.com


I stumbled upon this blog months and months ago after hearing something about it. I still don't remember who mentioned it but sadly like so many online sites I lost track of it and stopped checking it altogether. Thanks to a tip from DH yesterday I found my way back to Amalah.com and have been laughing so hard I've had tears ever since.

Are you a mom with an active little one (or two or three) running around the house climbing into the dishwasher, toilet, sink... really anything the little angel can get into? Have you been terrified by the lack of sufficient noise coming from the next room only to find your little one has climbed over the sofa and onto the end table to play with the remote control? Basically, do you have a good sense of humor and appreciate the foibles of other moms? If so, Amalah.com is the blog for you.

I was on the phone with Mamere yesterday when I pulled up the blog and we were both in tears as I read this particular post about her son's mischievous activities around the house. The fact that she actually has pictures of her son climbing into the dishwasher makes it even funnier, especially because I can completely relate to this and a number of other things her son gets into or onto.

Her most recent post details an attempt to make a microwave cheese and spinach souffle. Yes, you heard me correctly I said microwave souffle. As you might expect this is an utter failure but it is also absolutely hilarious. And best of all, she's not afraid to document her experiment with many many pictures. I don't even know this woman but I'm sure we'd be great friends. Is that weird to say? Yay, kinda I know.

If you are sitting at your desk avoiding the work piling up in your in box and bored with all the other websites you check out on a daily basis please give this one a try. You certainly don't have to be a parent to find her posts amusing but if you are her posts will either make you laugh till you cry because you've gone through the same thing or it will make you want to get down on your hands and knees and thank the good Lord that your child is so well behaved. My guess is, if your anything like me it will be somewhere in the middle. And yes if you're wondering I've caught our precious little angel sitting on our end table playing happily with the tv remote on more than one occasion.

Happy Surfing!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: