Friday, October 2, 2009

Online Shopping Reviews


Happy Friday Yall!

It's a bye week for the Texas Longhorns so instead of my regular Friday Football Roundup I thought I'd do a quick review of some of the things I've recently ordered online and blogged about. You know just in case you were actually taking my advice and considering ordering a few of these for yourselves.

In one of my very first posts, "Shopping for Baby and Mommy" I raved about the minky soft infant car seat covers at Baby Bella Company. I ordered the "Blue Bell" seat cover and it's just as I had hoped, an extremely soft seat cover with a really sweet yellow and blue paisley pattern cover. I highly recommend this one!

In the same post I also talked about my recent discovery of personal hospital gowns in adorable fabrics and patterns. I ordered two of the blue lagoon gowns from B.Y.O.G. and overall have been pleased with them. While I can't say much for the fabric, it's a bit rough and what you might expect from a hospital gown, I do really like the pattern and it come with a really cute blue grosgrain ribbon sash that I love. As recommended by the maker, I've washed the gowns several times and they are a bit softer but not as soft as I would have hoped. All in all I'm glad I ordered them and think they'll be fun to have in the hospital but they are after all large hospital gowns so how fabulous can they be? Oh and when DH saw them he immediately commented on how much they looked like muu muus. Nice, very nice sweetheart. :)

Next on the list is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. I'm extremely disappointed and irritated with Twilight Beauty. After trying to purchase the Luna lip gloss in Myth and being told my order wasn't able to be processed FOUR times I considered giving up. Finally on the fifth time, I received a conformation email that my order had gone through. However, that was on Sept. 15th and I STILL have not received the lip gloss nor have I received any email letting me know that it has shipped. I've noticed that you can purchase their products at Sephora and at Nordstrom's. Right now I'm just too irritated to bother, but if I do decided to order through another website and I do receive the lip gloss I'll be sure to let you know about it. For now I'm just disappointed and not interested in giving them any more money.

Ohh I can totally rave about this next product! Mulberry Moon's monogrammed mini-soaps. As you may recall from this post I ordered the set of three Verbena soaps for my guest bathroom. Well to my surprise they were having a buy one get one free sale. So, for my $16 I received two sets of three soaps instead of just one. What a great deal!! The soaps are perfectly sized and smell absolutely intoxicating. I have them on a small table in the guest bathroom and they make the entire room smell wonderful, even in the box! I heartily recommend these little soaps for yourself or as a gift. And just remember they also come in Key Lime, Apple Blossom, Fresh Lilac, Lavender.

Next up is the LV Alma handbag. I can't say that I actually ordered this one, instead it remains on my wish list (along with a particularly fabulous pair of Christian Louboutin heels). Although that doesn't stop me from drooling over it, over and over and over again. Already owning a couple purses from LV I can attest to their outstanding quality, beautiful designs and scrumptious smelling leather. So I have no doubt that this bag is the same. Maybe one day! :)

And lastly is the Magaschoni cashmere sweater in Almond from BlueFly.com. The sweater is beautiful, well made and is a good fit, however I decided to return it and keep searching. It's a great sweater but sadly its just not quite my perfect, favorite fall sweater. As I've found through the course of years of shopping for cashmere there are wildly different grades to this fabric. This one is just not quite as soft as I prefer and after all if it's going to by my favorite sweater it really should be perfect right? So I'm back to my search... hopefully I'll find it before winter's arrival. And it goes without saying I LOVE feedback so if you have the perfect sweater and are willing to share the details please leave a comment or email me directly!

And speaking of comments, please please leave them. I LOVE receiving them whether on the blog, by email, facebook or twitter.

I hope this helps you with some Friday online shopping or perhaps just some fun browsing!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: