Sunday, November 1, 2009

Nesting Compulsions Finally Take Hold


Why didn't someone one tell me I was having a baby? And he's coming in like a week! And an even bigger surprise... he's going to need stuff.... like a lot of stuff.

Apparently with all my blogging and tweeting and running around with my son I somehow put off the realization that I have a looooong list of things to do with less than a week to do it all.


Well that must explain why I didn't post anything on Friday. I mean I didn't even post a football update, helloo that takes like two seconds to mention who UT is playing (OSU) and what time kick off is. Okay, maybe 5 minutes if I want to find a funny picture of Bevo... perhaps like this one?

But alas I was completely absorbed with baby deux's pending arrival.

Oh and YES DH and I have finally settled on Baby Fig's official name! Yiippeee!!! I really really really like it but I can't share it with you. I know I'm such a tease but we are keeping mum till his arrival. Feel free to throw out guesses in the comments. I have one friend who is still suggesting we call him "Neon". Huh? I don't even get that one but I can tell you this, that wasn't even in the running.

Thank goodness we're having another boy as it makes the last minute prep work all that much easier. After sorting through all our bins and bins and bins and bins (seriously a lot of clothes) I found the newborn and 0-3 months onesies. My Lord if they aren't tiny and adorable. I fell in love all over again with so many of the precious little outfits. Arrgh, babies are so cute!

And then I found a major discovery... baby blankets. Anyone out there need any? I've seriously got at least 40 baby blankets. I mean this child could be wrapped in a new blanket every hour for at least the first week of his life and we'd still have extras. Why did I even bother taking three from the hospital? Yes, I'm admitting to pilfering the baby's cart at the hospital. Frankly I'd forgotten about it and maybe I'll bring them back with me when I return next week to make up for it. Maybe not. Either way I'm not taking anything extra home with me this time around, that's for sure! But I wouldn't mind having my own adult sized baby blanket. Man are they soft and cuddly!

So after all the rearranging and sorting through clothes, bath towels, sheets, blankets... and the painting and hanging and measuring and moving. We are almost ready. Today our new glider is arriving and DH is building the new crib. Yes we're now a TWO crib family. Never really wanted that but I think 17 months is a tad early to put our first son in a big boy bed no matter how much I wanted to find a way to justify it.

One of our best friends and his wife are coming over to help build the crib and hang out for the afternoon. I'm so looking forward to it but I still don't know how DH got him to agree. I mean after all he helped paint our first nursery AND put together our first crib. A VERY good friend! So of course I'm going to ply he and his wife with dinner, dessert and vino... obviously the best way to thank someone, right?

Perhaps I'll share the recipe for the pasta dish I'm serving tonight with you next week. It's one of my all time favorites and the very first meal that sweet DH made for me when we were dating. So of course it's extra special.

Cheers,
Ouiser

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What an exciting time! I can't wait to hear the news of the baby's arrival and of course his name!