Thursday, October 8, 2009

Twilight Makeup ~ Luna Lip gloss

Gooooood Thursday Morning all! I'm hoping to post something a bit longer later today but it's going to be a very busy day in my household so I can't promise anything more than this...

As if it was destined I received an email from Twilight Beauty saying they'd shipped my lip gloss (FINALLY) about 10 hours after I blogged about my disappointment with their entire ordering process last week. No no I'm not arrogant enough to think they saw or even cared about my negative review but it was a funny coincidence.

Anyway, just as DH and I were sitting down to dinner last night there was a knock at our door. DH came back with a smirk on his face saying he didn't even want to ask what was in the small package and that I was officially obsessed. I was very curious since I hadn't done any online shopping in weeks. I looked at the package and realized immediately where his amusement came from---my obsession with Twilight. I guess he isn't reading the blog as much as he used to or he'd know about my frustration with Twilight Beauty.

I was just barely able to wait till after dinner to try out the lip gloss, although I did unwrap it and admire the packaging before I started eating. I must say the packaging is great, very sleek and the color looks fabulous as well. As you may recall from my original post, I went with "Myth" which is a burgundy red with just a hint of sparkle.

However that's where my praise stops. The applicator is a very thin little brush. I'm not really a fan of the gloss brushes because I don't think they apply the gloss very well and frankly in my experience they tend to sorta poop out before you've gotten to the bottom of the tube. I could have gotten over the brush but here's the real problem, the gloss is simply too sticky for my taste and although the smell is great, sort of a raspberry scent it's just not worth it in my opinion.


A final thought on this (oh so very) important topic. I realize that I may not exactly be the target audience for this product. I do have to remind myself that the "Twilight Market" is mostly made up of teens and as I recall when I was that age I LOVED flavored lip gloss. Anyone else remember bonne bell's dr. pepper lip smacker??? Anyone?



So I'll give Twilight Beauty a little slack. I still think their ordering and shipping is an embarrassment. And although I will likely stay away from their product line, I sincerely hope that it's perfect for some other twilight obsessed young ladies.

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: