Monday, October 5, 2009

Fabulous New Blog ~ A Bloomsbury Life

Back from a morning at the National Gallery of Art Museum followed by lunch in their sculpture garden. Ahhhwww, Washington DC in the fall is really spectacular!! And before you start thinking my 16 month old son is some kind of savant I have to admit that he much preferred the noisy, smelly construction trucks and buses barrelling past us on Constitution Avenue than he did anything in the museum. I think he did enjoy the enormous fountain in the gardens as he seemed very content but then again it could have been the hot dog and chips I was plying him with.

Now that we're home and he is down for his nap (or at least I hope he eventually falls asleep, right now he is just playing in his crib) I'm back online checking out a couple of my favorite blogs. I literally, just discovered this fabulous gem of a blog. Despite my witty, playful, insightful and creative posts I'm really VERY new to the world of blogging. Honestly, last year when DH wanted to start one for our son so he could post videos to share with our family I was very uncomfortable with the idea and it took several months before I caved. Who knew that a matter of months later I'd be on twitter (you can follow me here) and have my own blog?! The power of the internet I guess.

Anyway, Lisa Borgnes Giramonti, Author of A Bloomsbury Life Blog is the guest blogger at W Magazine's blog, W Editor's Blog (also one of my "favorites" that you should regularly check out). Lisa has a fun and casual writing style that seems to invite you into her family's life. And of course her tips and finds on home and fashion are spectacular! In her own words, she describes her blog as "Sporadic posts about style, travel, food, literature, gardens, eccentrics and their foibles."
I can already tell that I'll be checking this site on a daily basis, and I'm willing to bet you will too! Check it out when you have a moment.
Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: