Monday, March 1, 2010

Ode to Canada...


Morning Readers....

Hope you had a restful weekend ~ and if not I hope that you have plenty of caffeine in your system. You all know I fluctuate between coffee and wine with a few obligatory glasses of water in between for good measure. 

Not to get all "big brother" on you but recently I've noticed that I actually have a few regular readers and I'm pretty sure they are outside my immediate family. **cheers wildly** Yay, Me! 

And to those of you that are reading, please chime in with your thoughts! I would love to chat about all things. Seriously... home decor ... twilight... blogs you like... RPattz... books you're reading ... twi-fiction... food & wine. Just a few things I love! Did I mention RPattz? okay, pheww.

So on to today's post... Have you been watching the Olympics? What am I saying of course you have... Even if you don't know what curling is you've been watching (as I have) I'm sure. 

As I watched the Canadian Men's Hockey team score the winning goal in overtime yesterday I was surprised to feel relief. I mean don't get me wrong, I was cheering for our team but I was kinda routing for Canada too. I mean it seems really cold up there... like really really cold and apparently hockey is really important to them, like really really important. So I guess it would have been great if we'd won the gold, but I'm pretty sure it would have been devastating had they lost. 

So cheers to you Oh Canada and here's one of my favorite (not-actually-a-Canandian) Canadians. Do you watch "How I Met Your Mother"? If you do, this is my second favorite storyline. The first being Slap-Bet... DH and I keep arguing about how many slaps are left. I'm pretty sure it's 2 but don't quote me on that. 


Hope you have a (Robin) Sparkles kinda day!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

3 comments:

marilyn said...

I'm sure that you have "real" readers, but I still get to have special status for being an early fan. I can say that "I read you when..." :)

Speaking of reading, 2 of those random funky books that I bought blow. Badly. Must up my standards next time!

Ouiser B. said...

Umm, Ms. Marilyn you most definitely count as "family" in my book. But you can have any status your heart desires cause I luv ya!

PS sorry about the books. I had a wave of reading I disliked about a month ago. Its no fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for rooting for Cananda! (hardly anyone even notices that we're here...)

And your comment about vacillating between coffee and wine with the few obligatory glasses of water...gosh that's me to a T - oh and speaking of that, gotta have my afternoon tea...it's in mah bones!!

georgey