Monday, March 8, 2010

Modern Family ~ Best Show this Season

Okay, you already know I'm a mom of two, you know that I'm twi-sessed and you know that I read ... a lot. So you can probably guess that there is very little time in my life for television. I still "pretend" to watch tv every night with DH but I think he's on to my rouse as each night I sit curled up on the sofa, sipping wine with my laptop (or my kindle or real book) precariously perched on the arm of our sofa.

Last night was different because I realized that we have like FIVE weeks worth of my (oops-I-forgot-about-you) favorite show on television ~ Modern Family. Are you watching? Oh My Gaaaaawwwd. Seriously, if you aren't watching you are missing the best show.

So, I'll be honest I have the sense of humor of a twelve year old boy... inappropriate and childish 'bout sums it up. Side bar: Did you ever notice that President Bush said the word "duty" no fewer than 10 times in EVERY single speech? And every single time I giggled... he said, duuuuty. Come on people that is funny.

Oh dear, I've strayed haven't I?

My point is that you need to watch Modern Family. It's on ABC, Wednesday nights at 9 EST. Here are a few clips that actually made me snort I was laughing so hard. Yes, seriously I was snorting... and there might have even been a snicker and perhaps even a guffaw.

LOVE this clip... not only does it showcase Minnie Driver but as a former professional turned stay at home mom I relate to this more than you know. Although in my case I was vacuuming the lint filter on our water heater. No, I'm not kidding.






Are you laughing? Are you?

Cheers, 
Ouiser

3 comments:

Sandi said...

The humor of a twelve year old boy is in your DNA. You got it from your Father!!!! Really!

Ouiser B. said...

Phewww. Its nice to be able to blame everything on one or both of my parents. as always, thanks mamere!

tanisesther said...

well I think those two clips you posted have officially sold me on the show. I am going to have to start from the beginning of course but I'm pretty much hooked...on the gay couple, natch. I saw the first episode of Parenthood which I actually liked. Somewhere in between a comedy and drama, just like the movie. Hmm, Parenthood, Modern Family and Real Housewives. Complex, I am.