Friday, March 5, 2010

A Few New ~ Old Things You're Going to Adore

You've heard me go on and on about "A Bloomsbury Life" Blog. Well today is yet again inspired by her blog.

I've always loved old things, of all kinds. I'm by no means a pack rat, in fact I really really detest clutter but there is something so inspiring about physically touching something that has seen another time. Not to get too deep on a Friday morning but it seems to connect me to the past. This is probably one of the many reasons I am enthralled by historical social behavior.

Anything or anyone can elicit this feeling ~ People, clothing, books and especially photographs. I can spend hours lost in old photos imagining what was happening just before or just after one was taken. What are people in the photos thinking about? What problems and joys did they face on that day? The questions are just endless.

okay, snapping out of it.... sorry... I could go for way too long about my weird fascination with times gone by. **le sigh**

Really, please do check out her post today. It is inspiring, enchanting and beautiful. Click here to see for yourself.

So.... if you're still with me. I found these two items on her blog and I absolutely LOVE them both. With all the rough and tumble my poor mac book takes I've been thinking it's about time I get a case for it. Well this one is PERFECT, I couldn't imagine anything better. I'm thinking the brown would be sublime.



And how quaint and a little quirky is this?! I'm old enough to remember using (okay more like playing with) a typewriter ~ it was my mother's and it was the 1980's so it was electric, all function no charm. Never the less I think this would be a charming addition to my laptop. It's backordered (clearly too many others agree with me) but you can sign up to be on the wait list.



Happy Reading, Browsing & (perhaps) Shopping!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

3 comments:

marilyn said...

I just bought The Odd Women on amazon after her reading her post - looks fabulous!

Ouiser B. said...

You have no idea how excited that makes me!

Let me know what you think and I'll add it to my own cue. Although, seriously I've got to get back to "real" books cause the stack is getting embarrassingly long!

Sandi said...

I read that blog but I have a beautiful Pink cover for my soon to purchased new apple, but this would absolutely be my second choice. The Pink one was a gift from a very special person in my life, so it has BIG sentimental meaning to me. Oh by the way, my typewriter (which I still have) was a pale green Hermes non electric portable typewriter (unless you were playing with the electric one in my KLRU office.