Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recipe of the Week ~ Tiramisu

Today's (okay okay tonight's) recipe comes from one very talented lady. Both a writer of Twi-fiction as well as a gourmand, clearly she's my role-model! And isn't it great when I can combine two of my favorite things... cooking and twilight?

Now I think we all know that I lurv most sweets but I've never been a big fan of tiramisu. Not sure why, perhaps because when I'm actually in an Italian restaurant I usually gorge myself with the pasta so that I can't even dream of having dessert.

I'm still pretty much making a dessert a week as I did when I was pregnant (note I now have a 4 month old... sigh...) and for some reason haven't exactly kicked the habit yet. So when I noticed that the multi-talented Ms. Ninapolitani (yep, she's Italian) posted her tiramisu recipe I decide to try it..... Oh and check out her recipe blog, it's very witty! Click here.

It was AWESOME... like ~ lick the bowl, beaters, spatula and yes the few spills on the counter ~ kinda good. And warning, it very rich so a little goes a long way but we are still snacking on the one I made on Monday afternoon. What? I know it's only Wednesday but I'm at home ALL day people, you can't expect something this good to stick around very long. Did I mention it has Frangelico in it? Y-U-M-M-Y! A few years ago I went through a big coffee and frangelco phase were I ordered it after every meal. I think DH was happy to see me get past that one.


Step one... Mix eggs & sugar in double boiler, which (along with our cookware set) is courtesy of the hosts of our engagement party. Thanks guys!! This is like the 4th time I've used the double boiler in 6 years. 



Step Two... fold in whipped cream into sugar mixture and pour yourself a cup of coffee... 





Step Three ... You're almost there so why not add a little Kaluha to your coffee? mmm, yummy! 




Step Four... Let the finished product chill for 8 hours in the fridge... or just dig into it with a spoon cause its really that good!



Below is Nina's recipe. I hope you'll try it and let me know what you think!

PS. If you're thinking to yourself that it looks a lot like a trifle it's cause it does. I didn't have a pretty tiramisu dish... trust me it tastes just the same people.

Cheers, 
Ouiser


[Recipe+Card.png]



No comments: