Monday, March 29, 2010

My (Newest) Favorite Skincare Line


I don't think its going to come as any big surprise that I'm the type of girl that likes all sorts of fun skincare products. The fruitier smelling and pinker the bottle the better!

I can spend hours at the makeup counter and as a stay at home mom I don't even wear makeup regularly. That is with the exception of lipgloss. Cause that totally makes up for no makeup, not blowdrying my hair and the fact that I'm usually in jeans and a tee shirt.

Yes my lovely readers, here's a secret Ouiser tip~ quality lipgloss and a statement worthy necklace can make any scruffy looking gal fabulously stylish, or at least that's what I tell myself, so please don't burst the bubble.

One of my favorite people in the world (and not just because she was the third person to read my blog after Mamere & DMIL) is the fabulously stylish Ms. Marilyn. She is my mommy role model! She's a CEO, a mom to three precious angels AND she has time to feed my reading obsession ~ both high and low brow. Can you guess which I prefer?

So when I was looking for a new moisturizer of course she came to my rescue and suggested I check out Garden Girl, a natural skin care line for all types of skin. I have moderately sensitive (and very fare) skin so I usually need something that isn't too greasy or has too many scents.

Garden Girl Natural Skincare Logo


Once on their site I decided to try out a few of their products...

No Worries, Night Cream for Sensitive Skin ~ I love this product!!! It's thick which is exactly what I want in a night cream but isn't greasy at all. Plus it doesn't irritate the skin around my eyes, like so many other night creams do. I kinda-sorta feel like my face has a bit more of a glow but that might be the fact that our new baby is finally sleeping through the night. And I mean really, it's not a magic potion, it's just a moisturizer people.

Zippity Do Dah Peppermint Foot Cream ~ Also LOVING this one!! I don't know about you but my feet always have a rough (tee hee hee) time in the winter. And now's the time I'm constantly moisturizing my feet and sleeping in socks. Most of the pepermint foot creams I've tried seem way too intense, to the point that I have a hard time sleeping because my feet are all tingly (and not in a good way). This cream is still pepperminty but not so overpowering and again it's not greasy, which I think I've establish how I feel about greasy lotions.

Pucker Up Exfoliating Sugar Scrub ~ So, I'm a huge fan of smell good exfoliants and this one has it all! From the time I was 12 and bought my first St. Ives Apricot exfoliant (you know you had it too) I've been a sucker for them. I must say that the pucker up scrub rivals my all time favorite, Kiels' honey almond exfoliant.

They also threw in a travel size sample of their face wash, which I'll be honest I haven't tried yet. At first I thought it'd be perfect to take with me on my next business trip. And then I remembered I haven't taken a business trip since February of 2008.

So if you're in need of some new skincare products or just looking to mix things up a bit I highly recommend these products. Either way, you should check out their website as they have lots of other girly, smell-good, pink products. YUM!

Happy Pampering!

Cheers,
Ouiser

4 comments:

marilyn said...

Love that I'm now famous on Ms. Ousier's blog! BIG Garden Girl fan, although I haven't tried any of the fun stuff you mentioned - I stick with the nitty gritty - I need to get some fluffier items :)

Oooo, and I will happily assume the role of #3 fan! Your blog is the highlight of my loonnnggg day.

tony said...

i did not find this post at all helpful.

just saying.

Ouiser B. said...

Sure you don't want to try some of the peppermint foot scrub? I don't know a boy that couldn't use it :)

and Mar, as always thanks darling!

tony said...

that goes without saying, of course