Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BIGgie Anniversary

If you knew me in high school ... and college ... and okay anytime in my 20's then you know that I had what you might call an obsession with '90's rap.

I know, I know kinda shocking right? Seriously, think Easy-E, Dr. Dre, Beastie Boys (yes, they count) and Notorious B.I.G (may he rest in peace).

After he was gunned down in LA in retaliation for the murder of Tupac (aka Elvis of the rap world) I was consumed by Biggie's murder. And if you've ever seen an interview with his mother, it'd break your heart.

He really shouldn't have been killed. All evidence points to Biggie's innocence and instead to the nefarious psychopath, Shug Knight. But I've probably gotten too far in the weeds for you. I'm nothing if not a woman of varied interests.

Anyway, DH even gave me this video one year. I'm pretty sure it was a gag gift that in fact wasn't a gag for me at all. I watched it... like a lot.


I don't know what happened over the last few years... marriage...work... babies... but I've sorta lost touch with my rap roots (its okay to laugh, I am).

Well, I was shocked to see a tweet this morning from MSNBC's Willie Geist reminding peeps that today is the anniversary of Biggie's murder.

So here's a video of the man when he was only a kid. He was... if nothing else... greatly talented.



Cheers, 
Ouiser

2 comments:

Jessi Stewart said...

I love that you have a post about biggie's anniversary :)

Ouiser B. said...

I'm like totally a renaissance woman.