Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The First Book I Don't Want on My Kindle

This came as a bit of a shock to me but there is an actual book (hard copy and everything) that I want... and not on my kindle. **Gasp!**

If you've been to visit or read some of my previous posts on the subject you know that we are woefully lacking in bookshelves in the (not so) new house. Therefore I'm on strict orders (that DH can really crack the whip) not to buy any more. 

Almost all of our books are still in their little brown cardboard moving boxes in our storage shed. And I tear up a little thinking about how sad and cold them must be as even the boxes are starting to sag from the weight of being stacked on top of one another. I really must find a more fitting space for them in our home, it would be cruel not to. 

Setting aside my cold lonely friends for a moment, I LOVE this book and can't wait to own my very one copy.

great houses of the south


I noticed it yesterday courtesy of a tweet from the Luxist. You've heard me mention them before. Oh and while I'm on the subject of Twitter... Are you on? Are you following Bergdorf's? Oh you should be. It makes me smile every time I see the familiar little purple icon pop up to tell me some fabulously stylish little tidbit. You can follow them by clicking here

As you might imagine, this is a collection of "the most architecturally and historically significant estates in the South", or so say the people at the Luxist. I've seen a lot of pretty coffee table books but this one seems to both have beautiful photographs as well as wonderfully rich stories about the building of the homes and the families that lived with in them. So, totally up my alley. 

Happy Reading!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Oh, have I the book for you! Do you like A. Hays Town? He's a Louisiana architect. I have one of his coffee table books - "Louisiana houses of A. Hays Town" - it's fab.

Ouiser B. said...

Seriously Mar, you're like a drug dealer with this books but yes OF COURSE I totally want this new book you speak of. sigh. we need a bigger house. :)

xoxo,
me