Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things I Learned from My Girl's Night

Last night I hosted an impromptu girls supper after our designated host cancelled due to a seriously nasty bout with the flu. So far it sounds like the awful illness is still winning. (sorry sweetie!)

This is of course why I didn't post last night but it did give me today's post (as well as some seriously needed girl time) so there's my rational...and yes I know you're dying for this week's recipe so I'll try to get that out later today or tonight. 

As a stay at home mom I'm kinda what you might call "out of the loop". Basically the only things I can converse about intelligibly are which diapers are the most absorbent and which diaper cream works best (Pampers & Triple cream if you're curious) Frankly I'm not even that up to date with the latest baby accessories recalls. DH is always the one to send me the information. Yes, I know its another mom fail.

Any who, here are just a few of the new and interesting things I learned last night during my brief glimpse into the world of the working woman ~ sans children. 

1. Madonna is old and no longer cool because Lady Gaga isn't interested in appearing with her. 
*note: Lady Gaga is not in fact a man in drag as I assumed ala RuPaul. She's a very popular singer.

2. Boys and Girls no longer talk on the phone. They don't even email. They text. It is even acceptable to break up over a text. 
*note: I would not have liked this. I'm much too wordy.

3. It is still unacceptable to spend your 5th date in a row at the bar. And it is never okay to tell the girl you'll split the sushi roll she just ordered. 
*thank goodness some things haven't changed.

And lastly....

4. No matter how much dessert you eat while at someone else's house there is never enough arm twisting to get you to take even one bite home with you. Sigh... I have a lot of dessert in my fridge that I just know I'm going to have for lunch today. 
*note: I kinda already knew this one, but it didn't stop me from over buying at the store yesterday. 

Hope you found this tutorial helpful!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

3 comments:

tanisesther said...

I'm so glad you had a good time at the dinner. And you KNOW if I was there I would have taken the dessert home...OR come back over the next day and help you polish it off. I'm THAT kind of friend, yes ma'am.

tanisesther said...

oh! and I do consider myself "in the know" and I had definitely not heard that about Lady Gaga (the Madonna thing, not the dude thing). Wow, how slighted she must feel. Good for her ego though. And speaking of Madonna - did you watch the Marriage Ref. If not, watch it. You will pee yourself.

Ouiser B. said...

Oh you are totes the kind of friend to take dessert home. This is why I love you my dear sweet one! xoxo