Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Great Gift Idea ~ Garrett Popcorn Shops


For those that don't like scrumptious, irresistible, delicious popcorn this isn't the post for you and frankly ... well ... I'm just plain sad for you.

For the rest of us I have a wonderful tip if you are ever looking to send a thank you or thinking of you gift and aren't quite sure what to send. Of course it goes without saying that you shouldn't feel the least bit bad about ordering a tin for your own family as well. I strongly recommend skipping the 1 gallon tin and going straight for the 2 gallon tin. Even though it's just DH and I eating the popcorn in our family there is ALWAYS some delicate negotiations on who gets what as the supply slowly begins to dwindle. I usually lobby for the cheese.

Garrett Popcorn Shops was started in 1949 and is an institution in the Chicago area. And for those in my family from the area that may be reading this post I certainly don't pretend to be introducing you to this little gem. I simply thank you for introducing me to it!

A very close family friend headed off to college this month and I was completely without ideas of what to send him for his new dorm room. My dear sweet wonderful mother suggested popcorn! And when it comes to popcorn Garrett Popcorn Shops is the best! A quick visit to their website and a few clicks later it was off and to be delivered the following day. Immediate gratification doesn't get much better than that now does it?

They have 16 different styles of tin designs to choose from, I'm partial to the Signature, Pink and All American ones but I'm sure if DH was choosing he'd go with the Chicago Bears or Cubs tins. And you can choose between 1 gallon or 2 gallons, as I mentioned before skip ahead and go straight for the 2 gallon tins, trust me! And then the fun begins... they offer TWELVE different flavor combinations. My favorite (in case you are wondering) is the Caramel Crisp, Cheese Corn & Buttery combination. They are separated into thirds so the popcorn doesn't get all mixed together, an important feature in my opinion!

And if my recommendation isn't enough to persuade you to try a tin, you should know that Oprah (aka Queen of all things fabulous) has twice recommended Garrett Popcorn on her "Favorite Things" shows. Apparently she prefers to mix the cheese and caramel together. mmm, I love ya Oprah but I'm more of a popcorn purist. However, far be it from me to discourage anyone from trying some, however you like it.

If you are visiting friends or going away this Labor Day weekend, I hope you'll order a tin and just sit back and smile as your friends and family thank you all weekend!


Cheers,
Ouiser


No comments: