Thursday, September 24, 2009

Funny Commercials ~ Payton Manning and Shankapotomus

I'm hardly one to send out long email forwards about the seemingly real Internet taxes or chain letters or even (despite this particular post) funny baby/puppy/kitten etc emails. Its just not my cup of tea.

However, a few months ago I saw this commercial and literally couldn't stop laughing. And anyone who knows me or has seen this occur knows it is a process that takes about 10 mins. It starts with my normal laugh then seemingly uncontrollably builds until I'm crying and can hardly breathe. I'm rendered speechless with blotchy eyes and very sore stomach muscles as I try to regain some sense of composure. Usually this is brought on by something ridiculously charming and hilarious that DH has said probably not even realizing how funny it was. I don't think I've mentioned before just how alarmingly funny he is... definitely the first thing I realized when we met. I'm so easily amused I've often wondered if it wouldn't have made more sense for him to end up with someone who possesses a more mature sense humor. Alas, too late now. He's all mine!

Aside from the fact that this commercial is hysterical it provided me with a new favorite word... Shankapotomus... I mean really don't you want to try to inject it into your conversation today? Lets all try that at least once!


And here's a little bonus video courtesy of SNL. Although I'm never awake late enough to watch the show live DH is pretty good about taping it if there is a guest we are interested in. This is a video that's been floating around for a while now and I was just reminded of it when a good friend posted it on face book this week. Since I was already doing this post about the e-trade commercial I thought I'd add this one for a good laugh as well.




Please enjoy and I'm sure tomorrow I'll post something much deeper and insightful than today... You know something all about the latest and greatest scarf that you simply must have or risk all sorts of social suicide this fall. You think I'm kidding? I've got the link if you don't believe me!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: