Friday, September 18, 2009

~ Friday Football Fever ~


Photo Note: Yes this is exactly what our little one will be wearing tomorrow, he's nothing if not an avid sports fan and supporter!


Just a quick mini-post to remind you Texas Longhorn fans of this weekend's BIG game against Texas Tech's Red Raiders. Thank goodness tomorrow's game is at home surrounded by more than 100,000 screaming fans. Not a bad way to get pumped up for a game, huh? Boy do I wish I could whisk the family off to Austin for the game. One of these days I'll get my boys down there...

I find it painful even now to bring up the debacle that was last season's Big 12 Championship but because we lost to Tech (our only loss I might add) it created a bizarre situation involving Oklahoma, Tech and Texas. It is a painful reminder of how desperately the BCS needs to be revamped to include a playoff system instead of the antiquated popularity contest amongst coaches, reporters and computers. But I will get off my soap box and return to my excitement and anticipation for tomorrow's match up.

Kick off is at 7pm (Austin time) and will be aired on ABC. If you find your self, like me oh so far way in Washington DC, ABC is airing the game locally. Thank goodness! Just in time for the family to have dinner out, perhaps our favorite Mexican spot, Rio Grande Cafe then home to tuck in the little one and back to the sofa in time for kick off!

Cheers,
Ousier

No comments: