Thursday, September 17, 2009

Monogrammed Mini Guest Soaps


Warning: This is a totally fluffy girly post ... don't expect anything noteworthy. Oh except that I will refer to my mother as Mamere from here on. This is the name she picked once our little one was born instead of grandma, nanna, memaw, etc.)

To this day my mother (mamere) is one of the best hostess I've ever known. Growing up in the South I think most girls would say this about their own mothers and likely grandmothers as well. Hospitality is just in the blood. Whenever DH and I come for a visit there are always special treats and goodies especially for our stay that make it all the more welcoming, as if that were possible. I'm always excited to crawl into the extremely comfortable bed and check out the fun magazines she's laid out on each of our nightstands, usually Southern Living and Veranda on my side and Time and some other newsy mag on his. Another favorite feature are the fresh cut flowers (from her garden, natch) along with a beautiful glass bedside water carafe.

The hand towels in the bathroom are another touch I love, she always offers both linen and fluffy towel options. It had never occurred to me that some people don't like to use linen hand towels until I was cleaning up after a dinner party one evening. I noticed that our guests had all used the paper hand towels I had in our guest bath in lieu of the embroidered linen ones hanging next to the sink. I mentioned something to DH and he seemed surprised that I didn't realize some people prefer a "real towel". Live and learn right? Now I always try to offer both, mostly because I can't give up my collection of linen hand towels. I find every year I keep adding to the growing collection. I can tell you just how much I love them because they are the only things I still iron. Once our little one arrived, I gave up ironing our sheets, napkins and place mats and I've never been one to iron DH's shirts (bad wife I know!) but the hand towels remain.

DH and I have had the pleasure of having enough room (just enough in some cases) to offer our guest room to a number of friends and family over the last 5 years of our marriage. I have always tried to make things as comfortable as I can for our guests, of course I know nothing is ever as comforting as one's own home. With that in mind I always like to offer fresh soaps for each guest. The main problem I have is that all the nice guest soaps I've found are so large that they rarely get used. When I stumbled up these little mini soaps I fell in love! They are just the perfect size and if that weren't enough you can have them monogrammed as well. As a girl that loves all things monogrammed this was just extra butter cream frosting on an already delicious cupcake.

You can find the mini soaps along with a number of other cute things at Mulberry Moon. They are packaged in sets of three soaps and are offered in five scents; Key Lime, Apple Blossom, Fresh Lilac, Lavender and Verbena. I ordered the verbena because it's one of my favorite scents but I know if mamere was ordering it'd be lavender for sure. Everything in her house is lavender and therefore the scent always reminds me of her.

I realize these are hardly necessary and probably a little frivolous but if you are looking for something to add a little extra to your guest bath, I think these look perfect. Of course since I haven't actually received them yet I can't yet recommend them. However I do have high hopes. If for some reason they aren't fabulous I'll be sure to let you know.

Happy Shopping!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: