Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Football Fever


Happy Friday Everyone!

It's a bit humid and rainy here today which is perfect as I'm completely absorbed with the book I'm reading, Something Dangerous. As you may recall from an earlier
post this is the second book in a fiction family saga trilogy. Like the first book, No Angel it's filled with conflicting characters, intense romance and sadly some very poor behavior. I'm about half way through so I'm sure you can expect a full review early next week.

On to college football!

This weekend the Texas Longhorns are again at home and taking on the UTEP Miners tomorrow at 2:30 pm (Austin time). For those unfamiliar with this team, they are the University of Texas at El Paso. Now I'm certainly not one to take ANY game for granted but I'm guessing the odds are fairly good that we win this one. Of course last week's game against the also unranked Tx Tech Red Raiders was (while a great game) a terribly uneasy nail biter until literally the last 2 minutes. Something I'd prefer not to go through tomorrow.

Instead I'm hoping to casually check the scores as I'm fairly confident that the game is not televised here. Plus DH and I are taking our little one to the National's baseball game against the Atlanta Braves. It'll be our last game of the season as a family since I'm getting progressively more pregnant (6 weeks to go). It'll be our little one's third game and we are always so impressed (and never biased) with how well he handles himself! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the predicted rain holds off so that we can enjoy at least a few innings.

In my brief search for a fun UT football image to go along with this post I've discovered some very disturbing images. It's amazing what some "fans" will purchase in support of their preferred team. While I do admit to dressing my son up in UT jumpers and even an adorable burnt orange set of overalls I just can't fathom spending money on some of these things. Eek gad!

Do you own any thing outrageously tacky that you just love? Send me a picture, I'd love to see it and hear all about your sports team lovin'!

In the mean time here are few of my personal favs... oh and yes if you are wondering about the above picture it is in fact a stuffed longhorn pacifier, something every baby needs.












Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: