Friday, January 8, 2010

Time Suckage...


So apparently this whole parenting thing is a full time job! Who knew that being a stay at home mom would be so much work. Don't get me wrong it's increadibly fulfilling and I am so lucky to have all these moments with my kids... even the ones where they are both red faced and screaming they are crying so hard but it doesn't mean I don't look forward to bed time... theirs ... not mine.

So two days with no posts and darn I was doing so well this week too. Well real life just totally got in the way. Between the BCS National Championship last night. So sad for Colt McCoy, he's such a great kid. And I'm sad for the Longhorns but Alabama did a great job and they deserved the win. Sniff Sniff, doesn't mean I'm not still sad about the loss.

Plus my littlest ones 2 month check up and a play group this afternoon has meant that something had to go and this week it was any hope for a new blog post.

however I have a few minutes on my hands before I need to hit the hay  so I'm blogging of course. That is since both kids are asleep, the hubs is busy with his new PlayStation 3 -- yes I'm the coolest wife ever. With this year's christmas gift we are up to FOUR video game units in our home and our boys aren't even old enough to hold the game controllers! and I'm totally up to date with all my fanfiction although I do have a number of stories I need to start reading but thats for another time.

I don't have too much to add today other than there is a certain song that I want to share with you. I heard it recently while at a dinner party at a friends house. I can't seem to get it out of my head and as DH can attest when that happens I usually go into full on obsessive mode for a few weeks.


As I discovered while looking online for the song, it's from the soundtrack of a movie called Donnie Darko. I don't know about you but I'd never even heard of this flick and judging from the images I saw on Google I NEVER EVER want to. It looks scary... like pee in your pants and hide under the covers scary. So aside from that aspect, I love the tune, Mad World.




I believe the Tears for Fears version is the original but don't hold me to that.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


I'll try to be better next week about posting every day. I really do have a few books that I want to write about if these darned kids didn't take up so much of my time. They are so bossy... you know asking for food and love and play time! Oh and DH is heading out of town for work so I may be too deliriously tired to write anything that makes sense. Boy, nothing like setting expectations super low right? :)

Well enjoy your weekend! I'm off to pour another glass of wine and listen to Mad World on repeat, irritating DH to no end I'm certain.

Cheers,
Ouiser



No comments: