Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January's White Sales


Does anyone else remember a time when there were traditional annual sales for certain things during certain times of the year? Like winter jackets in August? Or like today's post... linens (or white sale) in January?

Perhaps you don't and this just make me really old. And I will admit that it seems like you can buy pretty much anything you want at anytime of the year and someone is inevitably offering it on sale. For me however, I'll stick to buying my new linens on sale and in January.

Cause I'm just like that...change is hard... and yes I'm totally going to be that type of older dame. Perhaps by then DH won't be able to hear me and can happily putter around with whatever it is he'll do in retirement. Personally, I hope it's writing the great American novel. Yep, he's that good, but I've wandered off topic again.

I'd like to tell you that I've been scouring the web to find you the latest and greatest hot new bed & bath linens but I haven't. I've already found ones that I absolutely adore and return to the same brands whenever we are in need. And by the way, this year we are in need.

The only thing I need to decide is what colors. I'm crazy when it comes to colors (insert sarcastic wink). I'll probably be deciding between a second set of ivory or beige sheets and about the same for the towels. Although I'm thinking perhaps I'll branch out and try a shade of blueish-gray towels to match the new shower curtain I ordered yesterday.

If you are looking to spruce up your bed and bath but aren't sure you want to order something online I completely understand. I'm a very tactile person (poor poor DH) and so the idea of spending money on sheets and towels I've never felt makes me more than a little nervous. This is especially true because I like to monogram everything I can get my hands on, which inevitably means they can't be returned if I don't like the texture. In both of these cases I can attest that the products are just perfect!

Here comes the part where I ask for your trust.... ready??


These are Ralph Lauren 600 thread count Regent Sheets and can be purchased on the RL website as well as from Macy's. They are cool, crisp and smooth even after countless washes. And long ago when I used to iron our sheets it made them even more luxurious. I highly recommend it if you have the time. These may (or may not) be on the higher end of what you'd like to pay for sheets but I promise they are worth every penny!


These are Charisma Egyptian Cotton towels and can be ordered from Horchow or The Company Store. They are fluffy and soft, two qualities I adore in bath towels. Plus they are very reasonably priced, especially when they are on sale. Which they are right now. And they come in a wide variety of colors if you are so inclined.

Me? I'm sticking with the neutrals. And frankly I'd go with white but considering we have two kids nothing in our house needs to be white. At least nothing we want to keep white.

Since I only have about 30 mins before my little one wakes up and no telling how many minutes left before my even little-er one wakes up I'll say adieu so I can order my new sheets and towels. I do hope you check these out if you're looking for new linens this January.

Happy Shopping!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: