Monday, January 25, 2010

A Plague On Both Your Houses...


We only have one house but Mercutio had it right. A plague of stomach illness overtook our house last week and it was ugly.

Sorry to abandon the blog but I wasn't able to do much more than groan as I limped from bed to sofa to the floor and back to the sofa. And yes, before you ask a limp is totally a symptom of the stomach bug.

The funny thing is that my sick son kept following me around all day. I'd lay him down on one sofa and go lie on the other one. Then he'd come over and lie on the floor next to me. After a few moments it would occur to me that leaving my son on the floor as I was lounging on the sofa was pretty crappy of me so I'd get down on the floor with him and we'd just lie there. It was a sad sad picture I'm not going to lie.

Thankfully Super DH (yep there's a costume that goes with that) arrived home from work to save the day. And luckily neither he nor Baby Deux contracted the plague... must be superior genes.

Now that we're on the mend I'm back online. Will try to post something later today or tomorrow but there is just so much important reading *Sigh, yes I'm referring to twilight fanfiction* to catch up on.

Happy Rainy Dreary Monday!

Hope it's sunny where you are.

Cheers, 
Ouiser 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I know you are both well, so I don't feel so bad laughing at your description of the belly plague recently endured at your house.

Ma mere