Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My (not so) Secret Love ~ Drug Store Shopping


Good Morning peeps...


I'm on a high this morning and not just because it's only 9am and I've already had three large cups of coffee. As I mentioned before DH is out of town on business (in Vegas no less!) so last night I was on my own with the two kiddies. I was nervous, like really nervous.


Baby Deux was a rockstar! He let me sleep from around midnight till almost 5am! Frankly this is a longer stretch than I get on a normal night. And not to be outdone, our older son slept through the night as well. Recently he's been waking up around 3am, nothing too serious, just needing some parental reassurance.


Obviously I'm mommy extrodinare! Of course you just know that tonight is going to be a total mess with tears, spit up and poo. 


Anyway, last night as I was trawling twitter while sipping on a great red wine and reading, reading, reading I stumbled upon this little post "10 (more) Best Drug Store Beauty Finds". After actually letting out a squeal I hurriedly clicked on the link. How did I miss the first 10? 


And then a warm feeling of realization washed over me... I'm not alone ... there are clearly others out there that LOVE to shop at the drugstore. 


Now don't get me wrong, you all know I love me some Neimans but I also adore wandering through the aisles of my local CVS browsing the makeup, nail care, hair care, lotions and especially the magazine sections. In fact I was just thinking the other day what a luxury it is when I can make a drugstore run with out the kids. Sadly when they are with me there is absolutely zero "browsing". It's more like a precise military mission... get in, get the absolute necessities and get out. A successful mission involves no blood loss, not having to pay for something "we've" broken and getting out with at least half of the items on my list. 


I'm already planning a Saturday morning at Sugar House, my neighborhood spa for some lady pampering once DH gets home. Did I mention I got an obscene amount of gift cards for Sugar House this Christmas. Is it that obvious?


So, I'm thinking I'll have to build in some time for a leisurely browse through my neighborhood CVS to check out all these suggested "Best Beauty Finds. You know for "research" purposes. ;) 


These lists were put together by the writers at The Frisky- Life. Love. Stars. Style. I thought it was a website but I think it's a blog. You can visit their site by clicking here and you can follow them on twitter (as I do) by clicking here



Okay enough with the credit.... Check out the first top ten list of beauty finds here and the second top ten list here. I can tell you that I've been using Rosebud Salve for more years than I can count. I think Mamere turned me on to it but I'm not totally sure.  Of course when in doubt its never a bad idea to credit ones mother for all the good things in your life!


Happy Browsing!


Cheers, 
Ousier

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you!! I actually gasped this weekend when I realized I did not get the Walgreens ad in my Sunday paper! I went thru it 4 times just to check & I started getting withdrawl shakes!