Friday, January 29, 2010

Slice of Humble Pie with a Side of Yo-Yo Ma Please

That may be the weirdest blog post title I've ever written. huh, anyway...




Is it just me or did your parents become a whole lot smarter after you turned 30? I mean once I was firmly in my 20's I appreciated Mamere so much more and we graduated to a real friendship. But now that I have two kids of my own and I'm nearing my *gulp* mid-thirties I see her in a whole new light. All those little bits of wisdom she so earnestly tried to impart on me in my younger days ~ Oh wouldn't life have been more than a bit smoother if I'd listened? But that's not what today's post is about... although I would like to say 
THANK ~ YOU ~ MAMERE!


One of the most prevalent memories of my childhood is time spent in the car with my mom ~ running errands, picking me up from school, from gym, from swim practice, from kickball. That is a lot of miles in the car and with swim practice came a 4am wake up call. Honestly sometimes I slept in my swimsuit... too much? okay, sorry


I will say that we had some of our very best talks in that darn beige 1980's Volvo stay-wag.  But inevitably whenever I got in the car there was classical music playing. Gawd, how I hated classical music. Why would anyone choose to listen to a song with no words when Bon Jovi or Depeche Mode were only a few turns away on the dial. Yep, that was back before digital radio or really digital anything but I' digress.


So isn't it fitting that I've recently found myself listening to Yo-Yo Ma. It's so soothing and while I adore my precious little angels I've realized just how much I appreciate ANYTHING that is soothing ~ a bubble bath, a massage, a big glass of wine and yes Classical music. 


So on this Friday please enjoy a few moments of soothing cello from one of the world's most talented artists. 



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Cheers, 
Ouiser

No comments: