Monday, January 4, 2010

Blogs That Will Make You Cry ~ In a Good Way!


And welcome back to the real world...

I know it sucks a little bit doesn't it? My day is filled with laundry, groceries, cleaners and bills. ugh. Oh but I can tell you that my Comcast bill is already paid. Thanks to the fact that DH and I were denied the right to order 500 Days of Summer on Saturday night. After several failed attempts DH called Comcast only to be told that we were bad bad people who were too irresponsible to pay our bill on time and so we aren't allowed to order a movie. Gahh, what? All of a sudden I felt like my 22 year old self sweating bullets that my debit card would be declined at the corner market and I'd have to go home without dinner. Which at that time consisted of wine, cheese and crackers split amongst myself and my two roommates.

In a flash I closed out of the fanfiction I was reading (Emancipation Proclamation if you're curious) to pay our bill. Assuming that in today's high speed world it would update instantly. Sadly for us, no. "It will take 3-5 days for your payment to process." ho hum... maybe next weekend assuming I've paid the electricity bill.

Okay so that was totally not the point of today's post but since I spend the better part of my day talking to two boys under two years old I had to vent to someone!

Now that everyone's holiday break is wrapped up and we are all getting back into our daily routines I thought I'd share a few blogs that I've found (some new and some just new to me) that make me laugh so hard I want to pee... or cry... or pee and cry.

It's amazing how many really talented people are out there writing some hilarious stuff. It's even funnier when I realize that I've actually done some of the same crazy things. Take a break from the umpteen million emails you need to respond to and the two page to do list for a moment to visit some of these blogs. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Aiming Low is a blog that features a number of different authors. All are hilarious and remind me that I'm not alone in my crazy behavior.  Like when you want to kill your spouse for leaving the turn signal on while driving with no plan to actually turn for who knows how long. Or certain compulsions that you think only you suffer from. Fear not, someone else does as well. For example, do you prefer your toilet paper to unroll in a specific direction? I do, and so does at least one writer at Aiming Low. For the record the paper should unroll from the top down and yes before you ask I have actually changed rolls that were hung incorrectly when I am at a friends house. I don't bother in public restrooms mostly because I avoid  touching anything I don't absolutely have to. I mean come on that's not too crazy, right? right? anyone?

Barefoot Foodie is another blog I love. It's written by a mom with a wicked sense of humor and great writing style. There is always something going on in her life or the lives of her family that make me laugh until I'm in tears. And anyone that's seen me get to that point knows that it is quite a sight. And she even gives out killer recipes (note: this is not "foodie" website)... like this special little holiday kicker... Bourbon slushies... Umm, sign me up please!

Stuff White People Like. Wow, okay so apparently this one isn't new at all. In fact when I sent a link to DH thinking I'd found something he'd really like and would be totally impressed with me I was denied. I believe his response was "yeah, I remember that site from a few years ago. Its funny." Gee thanks honey. Anyway the site is a riot, that is if you don't already have it book marked "from a few years ago" argh! It's actually exactly what it sounds like... The author talks about all this stuff that white people are crazy to like. His writing style is absolutely hilarious and I'm not kidding I can relate to every entry I've read. I especially like the one about white people all going through a "bob marley" stage at some point in their lives between jr. high and college. For me it was 8th grade. I'm thinking tied-dye and some rediculous poetry cause I was like really deep back then. (insert belly laugh at the sarcasm)

Okay so there you have it, three blogs that will keep you laughing for the next few hours before you can leave work. You can thank me later!

Cheers, 
Ousier

No comments: