Monday, February 1, 2010

Running a Close Second to My Twilight Obsession...


If you've read any of my post you know that I tend to get obsessed with things...

Twilight ... Sparkling Water ... Twilight ... Shoes ... Twilight ... Wine ... Twilight ... Reading ... Reading Twilight ... Reading Twilight Fanfiction. Okay you get the idea. My recent obsession? Twitter. Most definitely Twitter!

Are you on Twitter? Okay, just going to lay it out for you now.

Stop Reading.
Go to ww.twitter.com
Click on "sign up now"
Join.

Helpful Tip #1: Think about your username before you pick it. This will be the name that everyone uses to find you and what will show up when you tweet. Take it from me (@namorrell) I wish I'd known that before I picked such a generic user name.

Names I wish I'd picked...
Ouiser B. (my favorite monicker of course)
Shankapotomus (click here to learn more)
Shaglover (the movie people! where is your mind? tisk tisk)
Twi-sessed (pretty sure someone already has this one)
DesigningWoman (ooh, I gotta blog about this sometime)

Now that you're on twitter, go make some friends!

Helpful Tip #2 Introduce yourself to some of my friends.
@Paula_Deen
@nprbooks
@savannahGuthrie
@torianddean
@thebump
@heypopsugar
@real_simple
@Usweekly
@kenbakernow (from US Weekly)
@Twilight (natch)
@dailycandy
@vanityfairmag
@ENewsNow
@jaketapper (ABC correspondent- HILARIOUS!)
@cnnbrk
@ourkitchensink
@politico
@wmag
@WillieGeist1
@JoeNBC
@bittersweetOT
@dairygodmother
@DCLadies
@muse (great twitpics)

Helpful Tip #3 Twitter Dictionary. I'm still learning but here are few I know.
<3  = Heart/love as in I <3 you
ily = I love you
RT= Re-tweet

Helpful Tip #4 Don't be afraid to share the inane. Everyone does.

A tweet I sent during the State of the Union .... "Yellow is clearly the new red for Congresswomen. Of course Shelia Jackson Lee is holding strong with a forgetable red sequined shawl.." Thought it'd be something political? Oh I had those too!

Happy Tweeting!

Cheers, 
Ouiser 

No comments: