Friday, February 19, 2010

Addiction & More Excuses

So I thought I'd just throw out an excuse life line now before I blink and it's next Wednesday and I haven't updated the blog. Cause Imma gonna be honest with you... that's a very likely situation.

DMIL and DFIL are in town this week to play with the grand-babies. You'd think that'd mean I could sneak upstairs and read fanfic, "real" books and blog or nap or do whatever the heck I want. No, sadly.

I mean I could do that, and the in laws would be more than okay with me doing that. However that would mean I wouldn't get any of the real life errands I've been putting off because they sound so misserable when adding a 20 month old and a 3 month old into the equation. Think UPS, Home Depot Returns and the Post Office. I mean I love my kids... and if I were honest am more than a bit obsessed with them actually.

Never the less my precious boy is unable to keep his hands to himself and is constantly trying to take his baby brother's pacifier ... and let me tell you, this does NOT make for a pleasant shopping experience. When do they grow out of that stage? Is is too early to consider boarding school? Kidding people, it's only a joke!

So there's my excuse if and when I bail on the blog this week ... And here's my lame attempt at a post...

Aside from DH and my two precious, adorable, perfect, never-poop-spitup-throwup-spit-throwfood-throwpoop children I can't think of anything I love more than coffee. Well coffee and wine, but that is a whole other post.

If I could physically drink it all day long I would. Alas some time around 2pm my body seems to stage a revolt refusing to accept any more till I give in and down a few glasses of water sans the caffeine. 2 o'clock doesn't sound late except for the fact that I usually pour my first cup around 6:30 am and continue till I've drained the 10 cup pot. And I'm not proud to admit this but sometimes I make a second pot. I've never actually finished the second pot, but it's always good to have goals. Right? Umm anyone still there?



So when looking online I found these coffee funnies. Enjoy! Hope they keep you laughing till my next post or probably more likely your next cup 'o coffee. 

And incidentally when I was searching google for funny coffee images this fabulous gucci bag popped up. I'm thinking this is the internet fairies way of telling me I should buy it. What do you think?


And now I'm off to read a few more chapters in my Morganville Vampire Series before drifting off to bed and dreaming of coffee alarm jingles dancing in my head.

Cheers, 
Ouiser

3 comments:

tanisesther said...

once again, your posts make me laugh out loud. I just have to remember to comment when they do...well which is always. are you horrified that we have an espresso machine and I have NO idea how to use it? cause I am!

Ouiser B. said...

No more horrified than I am at myself because I can only figure out the coffee part of our espresso machine. Never learned how to steam the milk and make foam. And I am NOT one of those cool people that can drink espresso without all the fluffy milk and sugar.

Sandi said...

You girls can count on Ma mere to the rescue. I can both steam milk or froth it. I can make what ever sweet frothy coffe/espresso drink you like. I have the fastest espresso machine in the west.