Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recipe of the Week ~ Chicken & Corn Chowder

Okay, so I know I'm super late getting this out but it's not my fault, I swear.

And by "not my fault" I mean I was totally wrapped up in twitter and online reading (aka fanfiction) not to mention my two little boys and bills and thank you notes (yes still working on my Christmas thank you list!, No judging please!) and wrapping up our '09 Tax organizer. A task I might add that I feel woefully ill-equipped to do. Isn't this why we have an accountant?!

Oh and I had a nice long chat with Mamere. I might add she's really been doing a number on my needy only child syndrom. You know the one that makes me irrationally irritated when she doesn't drop everything to entertain me every morning with a phone call. I believe I mentioned somewhere along the way that I'm both irrational and unreasonable.

blurg... I've gone rouge again haven't I?! Well it's super cold and snowy here and I'm a little stir crazy, speaking of...

Dear Snow Fairies, 
Thanks for all the snow, we've had a blast. We met our neighbors and made snow angels and snow balls and got lots of adorable pics of the baby in the snow. But now I'm tired of you, please please please go somewhere else. Now I hear your coming for another visit this weekend. Please stay home, we don't like you anymore. 
xoxo, 
me

Okay with that off my chest I can get to today's recipe. When it's cold outside (which I believe I've clearly stated above) I always crave soups. This week I'm making this one along with a Chicken Tortilla that one of my best friends recommended. If it's as good as he claims, I'll see if I can share it with you next week.

This version of Chicken and Corn Chowder is extremely simple and easy to make but don't let that fool you, it's absolutely delicious as well! It's courtesy of Mamere, so thanks!

Chicken & Corn Chowder
Serves 4
1                 Rotisserie Chicken, debone leaving only the chicken
1/4 C          Onion, chopped (I always prefer using sweet onions)
3 TBS         Unsalted Butter
2 16 oz.      Cans Creamed Corn
1 103/4 oz. Can Cream of potato soup
3 C            Milk (non-fat is okay but 2% is better)
1 TBS        Dried Parsley
1/4 tsp       Celery seed (I prefer celery salt to the seed) 
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional: Hot sauce  (I love Texas Pete)
Mix all ingreadients in a large sauce pot and heat till soup is simmering. I serve this either alone or with a salad for dinner.

Keep Toasty!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

No comments: