Friday, April 23, 2010

Two Friday Favorites ~ Jewelry & Wine

Happy Friday Yall!!

Both kiddles are taking a brief morning nap, so I thought I'd get out a quick post for today....

I want to share with you things I'm head over heels in love with right now (aside from said kiddles and DH, natch).

First is this fabulous, gorgeous one of a kind necklace. You all know I'm a firm believer in the power of lipgloss and a stylin necklace. And by now you should know all about my obsession with Esther Designs. My dear friend Tanis makes the most beautiful and timeless jewelry!!!

Today I'm wearing this necklace with a navy sailor inspired Lilly tee and capris. Feeling very naughty, err I mean nautical. Yes, yes that's what I meant!



Don't you love it!? Please go take a peek at her site (click HERE) and then come back and let me know which is your favorite! Oh and you can click HERE for her latest creations that are not yet up on the Etsy site.

And I'd be remiss for not thanking a certain reader/friend/mom-spiration Ms. Marilyn. A little birdy told me you were the first to request this particular necklace and were gracious enough to let me have it anyway. As always I love and adore you!

If you know me at all you know how I love my wine! And you also know how much I love my little neighborhood wine shop, Planet Wine Shop in Del Ray. If you find yourself in this neck of the woods, please please stop by!! They've got such a great collection. I usually get our weekly stash from their "Under $15" section but I also wander the racks and pick up a special bottle or two every now and again. Today's wine is from the former, and is absolutely delicious!

Anton Bauer is an Austrian vinyard that produces a variety of wines. Although I've only tried two, Gmork and the Rosenberg I would happily try their entire line!

I'm a very seasonal person and right now as we make our way from spring to summer I'm all about the white wines. I'm completely smitten with their Rosenberg wine. Its light enough to sip alone but complex enough that it doesn't get overwhelmed if pairing with a meal.

As I'm NOT a professional or even really a sophisticated wine connoisseur I'll avoid embarassing myself by describing it for you. Instead here is a bit directly from the Anton Bauer website. Oh and click HERE to browse their site for yourself....


GrĂ¼ner Veltliner 2008, Rosenberg

Beaming yellow with straw-gold reflexes: in the nose fine apple tones. Pear, quince, aroma of dried fruits with an exotic hint, exhibits pleasant spice; on the palate nutty-spicy-peppery, piquant fruit acid, juicy and stimulating; elegant, lively finish.



Cheers to Fridays, Beautiful Jewelry and Fabulous Wine!!!

xoxo, 
Ouiser

3 comments:

marilyn said...

tanis is addictive - i just ordered 3 necklaces last week! so no worries - i'm still covered :)

david & i have also fallen in love with another yummy white wine - Kim Crawford Sav. Blanc. It's DEElish if you ever spot it (although not super cheap - it's $20)

Ouiser B. said...

oooh, am just piling the kids into the stroller for our midmorning walk. Will stop by Plant Wines and ask about your rec!!

Thanks Love!

tanisesther said...

Thank you for the shout-out Nik! I'm so thrilled you are loving your new necklace!