Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again...

While some people have Valentines Day and President's Day on their February calendars, we have Feb. 17th marked on ours... What is the significance you might ask? That was the day that Cubs pitchers and catchers reported. Yep, Ouiser's clan is O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with Cubs baseball.

Author's Note: DH is actually at this very moment participating in one of four, maybe five fantasy baseball drafts. Sigh, and he makes fun of my fanfic reading. I mean really is one worse than the other? I don't think so.

Anywho, being the dedicated, loyal, loving and perfect wife that I am I try to make sure that I have at least a working knowledge of the Cubs. And until now, I'd either gotten my information from DH directly or from Baseball Tonight... again while DH is watching. Well, this year I'm taking the initiative to get all "in the weeds," roll around in the dirt and get the low down (are the kids still saying that? yes? Coolio.)

What was that? how am I planning to get said information? I'm so glad you asked... Apparently THE blog to visit for all the latest on the Cubs is ... www.wrigleyville23.com

Cubs Piniella Ejected Against the Rockies in DenverJust took a quick peek and am now chalk full of fun little tid bits to toss out at DH to let him know how much I care...


1. Lou "no-last-name-needed" has a cold. Hey, Lou are you taking airborne? Cause that totally works. Also I use an aspirator and saline spray with my babies and they seem to love it. And by love it I mean absolutely HATE it but it works, so maybe you should try it?


2. Mets fans are super classy and are totally "into" Opera. That's awesome, cause I also want to be "into" Opera" In fact I regularly get "invitation only" letters from The Kennedy Center asking me to contribute to their foundation.  Obviously I'm someone special.

3. Former Cubs players (specifically Mr. Milton Bradley) are fluent in Latin. Which is totally awesome cause I had one year of Latin in 8th grade, so I'm also pretty much fluent.

4. Cubs Fans hate certain mean journalist. Oh. My. God. Meeeee tooooooo! As a political fundraiser in my pre-mommy days, those mean media types were always trying to make me look bad with salacious headlines like... "Nicole {lastname} arming Democrats with Guns". I kid you not folks, that was really a headline circa 2001.

So you see my point ... folks you really should be reading the Wrigleyville blog. It's witty and informative and it gives me just one more reason to remind DH how lucky he is that I said yes. And really isn't forced gratitude at the heart of any healthy marriage?

Cheers, 
Ouiser

PS Tony, hope you are okay with this... it's all in good fun! I did check out your blog tonight and really really like it. So much so I'm adding it to the blog roll! Cause you know I have TENs of readers every day.

1 comment:

tony said...

we added a pregnancy related post just now, which may be more in line with your readers' tastes.

and by "we" i mean "me." or "i," actually.

whatever.

also, where is the Le coeur de la vie Twitter feed?