Monday, April 5, 2010

Chocolate Eggs & Bunny Bread Hangover

So folks, hope yall had a wonderful Easter filled with family, friends, eggs, bunnies, and all things chocolate. Cause really isn't that the whole point of Easter? oh and monster trucks... yes the easter bunny brought the biggest hit of the day. One I might add that kept our precious angel occupied all day long.

And in what I can only assume was a celebration of Jesus' resurrection we had a miracle of our own... both boys were on their best behavior during church. The family behind us even told me after the service that she'd never seen such happy and well behaved children. I wanted to say "You should see them at bedtime when they're screaming and howling" but instead I politely smiled and said, "oh thank you that is so very sweet."

While the boys were napping I made Bunny Bread and dyed easter eggs. Our boys are still a little young to understand "hunting for eggs" but nevertheless I dyed six eggs, because that's what you're supposed to do. And I'm nothing if not a slave to tradition.

If you missed it the first time around you can click here to get the Bunny Bread recipe.

I'm not sure why but mine looks like the Bunny who ate Manhattan, or maybe a Bunny Sumo Wrestler? I seem to recall my mom's, godmother's and godsister's turning out much prettier.

Oh and speaking of my mom, she giggled at this. True story. The first store I went to was out of rapid rise yeast so I went to another but they only had active dry yeast. In a moment of panic I called my mom. Without so much as a hello, I blurted out. "I'm having a yeast emergancy" After a moment's pause, she hesitantly giggled and ask if I could elaborate. I realized what I'd then said and laughed explaining my predicament. Turns out you can use either rapid rise or active dry and it turns out just as yummy!

And I'm SUPER pleased that one of my own readers decided to make bunny bread with their kiddos. Here is a pic of their beautiful bunny. I LOVE the bunny belly button!! You made my day by sharing this.


Cheers, 
Ouiser

No comments: