Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mr. Ouiser!

Today is the sixth anniversary of Mr. Ouiser and my wedding. Ahhh, young love. And hey you single ladies here's a tip to help the mister remember your anniversary. Get married on NFL Draft weekend! tee hee hee

Of course I had no idea that it was the same weekend, as you well know I'm a college football kinda gal.  And to DH's credit he didn't mention it but apparently this was the second most popular discussion amongst the boys at our wedding.

What was the first you ask? No it wasn't my beautiful gown or the bridesmaid's (you-can-totes-wear-it-again) dresses. It was the view from the men's urinals. Stop laughing, I'm serious!

Now I can't say for certain as I've never been in a boy's bathroom but the club our reception was held at is on the top floor of a building and "apparently" there is a long narrow window at eye level and runs along the wall behind the urinals which overlooks downtown Austin. Snicker snicker, clearly a man designed this building but what a sense of humor!!

Here we are six years later, a dozen or more trips across the country and the world, three moves, two children and countless bottles of wine later I'm more in love with Mr. Ouiser than I was when I said "I will".

Thanks for taking me on the best journey of my life.

All My Love,
Mrs. Ouiser

P.S. The above painting is Renoir's Dance in the City. I wanted to add a pic from our wedding but a combination of technical failure and a web-shy DH has thwarted my efforts.

3 comments:

tony said...

6 years and 1 day for us.

and DH shouldn't be shy; he's magnificent.

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful day! I never knew about the view from the men's room, but I do remember the guys sitting in the bar watching the draft. My son remembers it fondly as well-male bonding & he was only 8! Oh, and I also remember the fire truck!

Ouiser B. said...

Tony~ that's too funny, I had no idea. Happy (NFL Draft) Anniversary to you too!

And Mary ~ Thanks! That is so cute about Nick. I hadn't realized that. He is such a little man!!! awwww