Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hip & Cool I Am No More, I'd Rather Have a Nice Meal & Go to Bed

Morning all,

Is it Saturday? I seriously woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday, then reality set it. DH whisked me out on the town last night, which is odd for us on a Monday and probably explaining my confusion this morning. We had originally booked the sitter so we could go to a concert last night. Little did I know you had to buy tickets in advance. The "concert" was at a club... does anyone else remember having to buy tickets in advance to a club???

Maybe I'm old (sigh) but I recall waiting in line, paying a ridiculously high cover charge, getting the requisite stamp/wristband and diving into an overcrowded bar to spend way too much for a watered down cocktail half of which would be spilled before you found a small dingy table in the corner. So yah, I was shocked to find out that it was sold out.

But in retrospect I had a significantly better time last night than I probably would have had if we'd gone to said club. Instead we dined at Black Salt in... well I don't know the neighborhood's name. This Virginian gets so confused with all the neighborhoods in NW. Is it MacArthur? Palisades? Glover Park? So, I'll just call it upper NW.



What seems like ages ago we made a bet, one that neither of can remember the details of but we both remembered that I'd won and had requested dinner at Black Salt as my reward.

Anyway, we had a decadently delicious dinner. Cocktails to start followed by sparkling wine, oysters, fried clams, two delicious fish dishes, two incredibly rich desserts and cappuccino to end. Phewwww, yes we had to be rolled out of the restaurant in a wheel barrel but it was worth it!

DH was so sweet he even tried to buy scalped tickets for the concert. But as we poured ourselves home I realized that I had more fun talking and laughing with DH over a nice meal than I ever would have at a loud, smelly, dark bar where I probably would have been forced to drink bad beer.

I may be old and unhip but I'm much much happier in my cleaner, nicer and much tastier surroundings.

Cheers, 
An Older Wiser Ousier

5 comments:

tony said...

wait - he took you out on opening day and ncaa championship game day?

goodness gracious.

Ouiser B. said...

*facepalm* This is exactly why I need more guy friends. It didn't even occur to me.

Wow, and he didn't make the slightest complaint. So, okay, I seriously owe him. Must get to thinking about this one.

tony said...

such a good boy.

The Preppy Princess said...

Awww, it sounds nice! If it helps on confusing the day and thinking it was Saturday, I missed an appointment this afternoon because I looked at the March calendar for the day blissfully free of any engagements!

Your blog is very cool,
tp

Ouiser B. said...

Helloo Ms. Preppy,

Thanks for visiting, come back anytime! I'll be on the back porch sipping a cocktail and trying not to trip as I chase my kids around.

xoxo, Ouiser