Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Recipe of the Week ~ Ordering In

Afternoon all.. so this weekend we are finally having baby deux baptized and I'm not going to lie I'm more than a little relieved. I mean don't get me wrong I don't subscribe to the whole "going to hell" thing but I'd be lying if I said I won't be a happier mother once the kid's been splashed, oiled and hands have been layed upon him.

Anyway, the point being is that we've got oodles of family coming to town which means that I'll be playing hostess and probably won't have time to blog.

***********************************************
LeCoeur: *pops head up* Umm, hello, we're you going to say something to me about this sudden departure?!

Ouiser: Oh hey, yeah totally.

Le Coeur: **sniff sniff** Why am I aways the last one to hear about these things?

**hands you a tissue and rubs your back**

Ouiser: It's going to be okay, I promise. Really at worst I'll be back next week

*muffled sob**

Ouiser: okay okay, maybe sooner I'll try.

****************************************

Sorry bout that.. anway today's post is all about multi tasking and recognizing my limits.

At the precious angel's baptism I served a whole slue of homemade dishes including my favorite crab cakes with several sauces (also homemade, natch) this time around I'm ordering is all and not making a thing. I keep expecting to feel guilty about it but the first guests arrive in about an hour and so far I don't feel anything but relief. So, for my two cents, at your next family gathering please don't stress. Order in and try to spend the precious time you have actually catching up with your loved ones.

This Sunday we'll be dining on Honey Baked Ham, Chick-Fil-A nuggets (mmmm- always a hit), and an assortment of cheese and meats from Cheesetique. Did I mention they have the best pimento cheese in the world. Cause they do.

This all occurs after Baby Deux's spot in heaven is reserved of course. Oh and as it turns out the Bishop will be the one to baptize him. Does this mean he gets a seat closer to the big guy in the sky? mmm, perhaps I'll ask mamere or the DFIL, both of whom are ministers.

Although something tells me they'll both think I'm serious and have a complex answer for me. Dear loved ones, I kiiiiid, I kiiiiid!

Cheers,
A Saved Ouiser

2 comments:

marilyn said...

"I kiiiiid, I kiiiiid!"

Shut up. That was really funny.

tanisesther said...

the menu sounds divine(heehee). Can't wait to read how the weekend went...and how many compliments you got on your new necklace! I kiiid.

:-)