Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Amazing Beauty Deals ~ Thanks Alpha Mom


You're Welcome! Yes, that's right I said it, you're welcome... for not posting any of the things I've written over the past 72 hours. Just re-reading some of my would be posts and they are god awful!

I know you don't care about the crazy number of dirty diapers I've changed on a daily basis. Who knew newborns went through so many? Clearly I had forgotten. Nor are you interested in how brilliant I think my newborn son is for being able to slightly hold his head up for a second or two. Amazing right?! I'm already convinced that our older son is going to be the next Mozart but that's another post you'll never have to read. Again, you're welcome!

So what is a blogger to do when all she does is change diapers, feed her children and clean & sterilize bottles all day (and ALL night)? Well thank the good Lord for other MUCH more talented bloggers whom I can poach err, promote!

I was browsing through my favorite blogs this morning...after watching KStew on Regis & Kelly of course. Cute sweater and she sounded so great when talking about the process of acting and digging into the character but the rest of the interview seemed a little awkward. Of course I'm sure she's already tired of answering the same questions over and over again. And she's only 19 after all. I'm sure at her age I wouldn't have been half as polished. I probably would have said "umm" and "like" about a million times in a 10 minute interview. And God only knows what I would have worn. At 19 I was pretty much wearing Harold's exclusively. For those that don't remember this semi-preppy and more than a bit matronly clothing chain they went out of business a few years ago. But I donned quite a few denim vests and paisley velvet pants with my jon hart purses over the years. Okay enough about me.

Where was I?

Oh yes, "sharing" the sage advice from one of my all time favorite bloggers, Amalah. In addition to her own blog, she also blogs on Alpha Mom and today's post is PERFECT for all you ladies who are looking for some fun new beauty finds. Or for those out there that are trying to think of great gifts to give your girlfriends, nieces, mothers, sisters...or even your metrosexual male friend who cares as much about keeping his skin fresh and well moisturized as you do!


For my money, I plan to try out the Tarte Treasure Chest as well as the World of Kiehl's Holiday Gift Set. And I can think of at least three ladies on my Christmas list that I can take care of from this post. I don't want to name names or products though since there is a very good chance they are reading this!

Take a peek and discover some great new beauty products. Oh, and I can attest I LOVE the Laura Mercier line-- Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer (with SPF) is awesome as is their loose powder and I'm totally hooked on their line of lip gloss. And if you've read some of my previous posts you know I'm a stickler when it comes to good lip gloss.

So enough of my ramblings, please check out Amalah's The Advice Smackdown Holiday Beauty Gift Guide post today on Alpha Mom!! And perhaps I'll have something worthwhile to share in the next day or two.

Cheers,
Ouiser

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

FYI - There will be an offer based around a lip gloss next week on the Laura Mercier website. I think it will happen on the day after Thanksgiving.

Ouiser B. said...

Thanks ever so much!!! As I'm in no condition to leave the house these days, online sopping is ideal!!