Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Stork Finally Arrives!

In case you are wondering what happened to me and my deliciously witty writing these past few days, no I haven't been abducted by my family and shipped off to a clinic for Twilight addicts (although sometimes I think DH wishes he could). I'm safe and sound and now the proud mother of two precious little boys. That's right our second son arrived on Monday morning! Via a special delivery by Mr. Stork of course. Oh if only that were the case, how wonderful it would be.


Judging from my late night frenzy of tweets last night I'm guessing that my blog posts will become either less frequent or increasingly more incoherent. Who am I kidding, it'll probably be a bit of both. Perhaps for the next couple of weeks it would be in your best interest to double check my recipes in case I am so sleep deprived I suggest using salt instead of sugar or other such nonsense.


Oh dear, that reminds me, please forgive me if I post a rave review of the snuggie or another such late night TV sales pitch. I'm afraid I've always been vulnerable to such sales attacks even without my current sleep deprived state. I actually purchased a 12 disk compilation of Dick Clark's Golden Oldies. Yep, you heard me right, 12 cds featuring music from the 50's. And once in college I actually purchased spring break tickets to Cabo at 4am. Well that might have had more to do with a bit of a.... shall I say "buzz" than actual sleep deprivation, but it was a silly compulsive purchase in the middle of the night so I'm counting it.


Speaking of television, did you know there is a whole other Today show on every morning? That's right, it's called Early Today and it starts at 4:30 am. So basically you can go from this program right into Willie Geist's Way Too Early at 5:30 and then follow it up with Morning Joe from 6am - 9am. After which you will need to go back to bed of course as you'll be completely overloaded with the most useless news of the day. But lets be honest as a new mom, no one is taking anything I say seriously, nor should they since I am rarely able to complete a full thought before I forget my point altogether. Mmm, I seem to have a similar problem keeping on track with my posts. Interesting, very interesting.


So there you have it folks, I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm alive and kicking, well maybe not exactly kicking but as of about 4pm today I'm actually able to walk. Albeit it with the legally required help of a nurse. And god bless sweet DH, not only is he a great dad he is willingly staying with me in the hospital and sleeping on the world most uncomfortable bed. And when I say "bed" I mean a thin plastic chair that unfolds into two pieces of flimsy foam with two connecting metal bars for comfort. Yeah, it's that bad.

Cheers,
Ouiser

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I am so glad to know that your new baby arrived safe and sound. I hope to meet both your kiddos one of these days! Love, Ashley