Thursday, November 5, 2009

Already Intoxicated by Holiday Spirit?


Is it a problem that its only the first week in November and I'm already so excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas that I'm all goosepimply? I actually woke up this morning feeling like it was mid-December. Something about having the heat on and wearing toasty warm socks while sipping coffee and of course watching Morning Joe-- of course he is year round fun!

By the way, does anyone else think that the guy in this photo looks like Ross the Intern from the Tonight Show? I miss him....




Are you crying you're laughing so hard? Yeah, me too. No matter how many times I watch that.

Back to my holiday obsession...

I'm actually giddy to pick up the mail these days in hopes of a new catalog. I blame Mamere for this obsession. No joke, I think she receives every single catalogue out there. I worry that one day her mail box is going to explode but God bless her, she loves browsing through them all.

Not only is it the season of a million gift catalogs but it's the season of a new holiday issue of Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, WS Home, Restoration Hardware, Ballard's Design and so on and so on.

Speaking of gifts. If you have children please read the follow post, Five Toys That Are Made of Magic from DC area Mom Blogger amalah.com. (Mamere & Grandma Warning: colorful language abounds!) And for the record I'm totally buying this for our son.

Hasbro Playskool Busy Ball Popper

By the way, What exactly made Hasbro go with "skool" instead of "school"? Aren't we supposed to be teaching our children by example? If you can't spell school correctly why should I trust you or your educational toys?! Then again, as it's been described to me this toy is like crack for toddlers and frankly that's enough to sell me on it!

But I digress...

Have you seen all the fun home decor that's out there this fall??? I mean I know I'm giving birth in like 4 days but now all I want to do is decorate my home in all things holiday.



Be it the decorative straw turkey from Williams Sonoma...




Or the monogrammed glass hurricanes? Also a la Williams Sonoma. I think they'd look perfect on our table this year. Oh I so want to tell you all about our menu plans this year but that will have to wait. It's way too early to get into all that. For now I'll just obsess over the decor like this pomegranate centerpiece from Pottery Barn....




So the point of today's post? Yeah, I'm not sure either... but it did give me the opportunity to post a funny video, a link to an even funnier blog and some pictures of things I'll likely forget all about buying once the stork delivers our newest little bundle of joy on Monday.

Happy Browsing... on line and in print!


Cheers,
Ouiser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing they call themselves Playskool because you can't trademark a name that's considered merely descriptive (i.e. "water").

-DHDB