Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Extra Recipe ~ Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


I'm making a new dessert for my monthly girls supper tonight that I think is going to be awesome! A friend made these for an event I was volunteering at this past weekend and I was hooked from the first bite!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Ummm yeah Y-U-M-M-Y right? Oh and here's the second best part, these muffins are low fat... that's right I said tasty AND low fat.

After I have an obligatory taste test this afternoon, I'll share the recipe with you!

Till then... have another pumpkin spice latte and keep drooling!

Cheers,
Ouiser

~ Recipe Update ~

Okay folks, now that I've fed, bathed and put my little one to bed I'm sitting down with a nice glass of chardonay. I've still got an hour or so till DH gets home and I can head out to meet the ladies. Perfect time to share the muffin recipe with you.

I've mixed ... I've baked ... I've tasted ... and now I'm in heaven! (oh the things I do for this blog and you readers! tee hee hee) These muffins are soooo moist and delicious. You just have to try them!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins ( I had extra batter but since my muffin tin only held 12, me and the little one ate the extra batter. Please no judgement, gracias!)

1 18.25oz. pkg. Moist Yellow cake mix
1 15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree
1 C Chocolate chips
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves (we didn't have any on hand so I skipped this)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.

Mix together all ingredients and spoon into muffin cups.

Bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Yay - so glad you liked the muffins and are spreading the word on how delicious they are:)

Jessi said...

Best muffins ever!

Melissa said...

They are in the oven! That couldn't have been easier. Now I'm wondering what other delicious treats I can make with a can and box of cake mix. Hmmm...