Saturday, November 14, 2009

25 Things You Didn't Know About Dolly Parton


I am the first to admit that I count down the hours till my US Weekly arrives every week. It may be a step below People but its still a good staircase above some of the other trashy celeb mags i.e. OK Magazine.

Sadly, with each passing year I've gone from knowing every "celeb" in the magazine to knowing fewer and fewer. This is mostly due to the fact that they all seem to be getting younger and younger... mmm, kinda like I never know who the musical acts are on Saturday Night Live anymore. Am I the only one? Please say I'm not! Could it be that I'm just getting older and less in the know? Surely not!

So imagine my surprise when I turned the page to some fun personal information about one of my all time favorites, the adorable Dolly Parton. You may recall my ode to Dolly in this past post.

It was fascinating, for example, did you know that she is dying to go to Spain? She's never been. This extremely successful woman with oodles and oodles of wealth has never been to Spain. I'm just blown away by that and find it rather endearing, especially because Spain and Portugal are #1 and #2 on my travel wish list.

And of course there are things that you'd totally expect like she makes the "best" chicken and dumplings and most endearing... "I pinch myself everyday to remind myself that I'm not dreaming. This life is real and I'm grateful." Ummm, yeah, she's the best!




As if you needed another reminder how awesome she is pick up a copy of this week's US Weekly and read for yourself!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: