Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shopping for Baby and Mommy


Darling Husband (*Note: I'll now be referring to my better half as DH, lest anyone think I'm a complete sap) and I are eagerly expecting a new arrival to our little household this fall. A baby boy! And with a baby comes shopping of course.

With this being our second child and our second boy there is very little to do in the way of preparation. And I do LOVE preparation. So, once I'd picked a new crib and a double stroller (a process worthy of it's own post) I found we didn't *need* much more. Instead, I've found plenty of "must haves" that, while not entirely necessary sure are fun! Here are a couple of my favorites. And by all means if you've found something that I simply must have before baby deux arrives please share!


I found this darling minky soft car seat cover too cute to pass up. Since our little one is arriving in November I know it will keep him all warm and toasty. You can order your own at the Baby Bella Company website. They have several options in 100% cotton for summer and my favorite, the soft minky material for winter.


I found this second item almost by accident while watching Tori and Dean- Home Sweet Hollywood (please don't judge). In this episode she was delivering her second child and I couldn't get over how adorable Tori looked in her hospital gown. It never occurred to me that somewhere, someone (surely a woman) would come up with the idea for a designer hospital gown. What a brilliant idea!

Sure enough when I went online I found several companies offering these gowns. I like B.Y.O.G the best and with so many cute choices I'm still deciding between two, "blue lagoon" and "lemon drop". Maybe I'll get both--after all I will be in the hospital for 4 days.

If you are pregnant I hope these are fun new finds for you and if you aren't well, I hope the post was able to entertain you for a few moments in your day.



Cheers,

Ouiser




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! I never feel as though I'm appropriately dressed in a hospital gown. Tons of fabric, with two ties in the front (or back) just don't do it. The snaps are genius. These "designer" gowns will make fabulous presents for my expecting friends. I hope they remember to return the favor ;)