Monday, August 24, 2009

Fall Favorite ~ Stylish Walking Flats


I can't pass up the opportunity to talk about my favorite shoes! I say favorite not because they are my most stylish pair of pointy-toe heels (I just drool every time I wear them) nor are they my most fabulous pair of designer flats. No, the real reason they are my favorite is because they saved my life! Not to be too dramatic or anything but they did.


During and after my first pregnancy I tried to walk several miles a day, and I must say I did a great job for a while. However, I tried to compensate for my "new mom look" (also known as a disheveled mess) by wearing my cutest most stylish flats to walk in. This lasted a few months until I noticed some serious foot pain. After months of complaining DH finally persuaded me to see a doctor. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Sounds awful right? Well really it just meant that due to my ridiculously unsupportive shoes and the amount of time I spent walking in them I had swelling in my feet causing this pain. The sweet sweet doctor recommended wearing tennis shoes and easy spirits for the next 6 months. What? Ummm, this was going to be a challenge.


After limping around for another few weeks occasionally succumbing to wearing my tennis shoes I found the Nike Air shoe line on the Cole Haan website and thought I'd try them out. Well I fell in love immediately and in a matter of weeks my feet were back to normal. Quelle surprise!


They come in a number of styles and colors. I own the Air Bria Geni Ballet in black patton and in brown leather. Both are slip on flats and are extremely comfortable. For those of you that are either commuting to work and can no longer wear those 4 in heals or if you just can't jump on the tennis shoe and/or flip flop bandwagon these are the shoes for you! I walk in them every day and never have a problem. Plus they are stylish enough to wear with almost anything.


As I was looking at the Cole Haan website this morning, I noticed they now offer these shoes in a cute mary jane as well as a high heel in closed and open toe. Plus, both are on sale! I think the Air Genivieve pump is adorable and at half off it's a bargain! By no means do I think these should replace your fabulous heels or flats but if you want to give your feet a tiny little break, I implore you to stop by and try on a pair. I know you'll love them as much as I do!


Happy Shopping!


Cheers,
Ouiser






No comments: