Monday, August 17, 2009

The Evening Star Cafe

Had dinner with darling husband and son last night at The Evening Star Cafe in our new neighborhood. I'd really been looking forward to trying the restaurant ever since we moved to the Del Ray neighborhood a few months ago. This was the site of my first official date with a fore mentioned darling husband. It's hard to believe that was 7 years ago this summer. Well, I have no idea what I ordered back then, probably just endless glasses of wine and no dinner. Oh how times have changed. But last night I had the duck salad and this amazing spinach gnocchi with bacon, tomatoes and creamy truffle cheese. I believe they call it "BLT Mac n Cheese". Both dishes were outstanding although I could have passed on the pickled cipollini onion in my duck salad.



I have found through this pregnancy that knowing I can only have one glass of wine has made me a much pickier drinker than I once was. After pouring over their incredible wine list (it helps that they are affiliated with and next door to Planet Wine, a fabulous specialty wine shop) I decided on an Italian Prosecco. It was bubbly, creamy and delicious all the qualities one likes in a sparkling beverage.



Check out their menu and if you find yourself in our neighborhood please call us, we'd love to meet you for dessert at the Dairy Godmother. I'll talk about that wonderful spot in an entirely new post.




Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: