Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Must See Movie: The September Issue



Now that we have our precious son, DH and I hardly see any movies unless they are on Comcast On Demand so I'm usually at least six months behind when it comes to any movie. However, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of a new movie, that I want to tell you about! The September Issue.

Actually, there are several movies I'm looking forward to-- The sequel to Sex in the City of course. And it should go with out saying that if at all possible, I'll be at the opening of New Moon come November 20th. Yes, I will have just had a baby 2 weeks before and yes I'm sure I'll be surrounded by 100 screaming teen-age girls. After all, despite being less than impressed with the movie version of Twilight I bought the dvd and even watched it with the director (Catherine Hardwicke), Rob and Kristen's comments. As long as I've veered off into the world of twilight for a moment I might as well also mention how adorable both Rob and Kristen are on the directors cut. Exactly how you'd probably react if you had to comment on a film you made as a teenager. Both were embarrassed and cracking each other up about their own flaws, totally adorable!

But back to THIS post....

I'm sure, like me you saw The Devil Wears Prada and already knew about Anna Wintour's crazy and hard as nails reputation. I am always intrigued by strong women in power, be it politics, business or fashion. So to find out about this movie (and before it's even out) is quite exciting! The September Issue tells the story of how the legendary editor, Anna Wintour puts together *along with an amaaaaazing team* the 2007 September issue of Vogue. To date, the largest isssue ever.

It premiered in NYC this week to rave reviews, albeit it not all the reviews of Ms. Wintour were that flattering. Are you really surprised? I liked one review in particular, mostly because it highlights Grace Coddington, Vogue's long time Creative Director. I hadn't realized that she started the same day as Ms. Wintour and it seems they've had quite an interesting working experience from day one. Reminds me a bit of how fundraising and policy staff can butt heads on a campaign and yet respect each other. (okay sometimes those policy folks are just wrong, but thats a whole other issue).

If you are lucky enough to be in "The City" you can see the film starting Aug. 28th. However if you, like me live elsewhere, you will have to wait until September 11th. Luckily, my wonderful mother will be in town that weekend so hopefully DH can have an afternoon playdate with our precious son while the ladies head out for a matinee screening!

Oh, and if my smashingly brilliant post wasn't enticing enough, here's a look at the preview, "approved for appropriate audiences." Does this mean I have to wear a designer label to see the movie? Oh golly, I should probably be prepared just in case I think.







Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: