Monday, May 10, 2010

A Tale of Two Shoes

I must admit this, before beginning today's post... I used to be a shoe snob. 


And by "snob" I don't mean that I only bought designer shoes, although the incredible deal I got a few years ago on a pair of gucci flats and prada heels still make me all tingly, but that's not my point. No, I want to talk about my recent conversion to the world of wedges.


Until recently, I firmly believed that wearing wedges meant you were just plain lazy. If you want the height, put on your big girl panties and learn to walk in high heels. We've all suffered through the "growing pains" of wearing heels. I remember after seven days of wearing heals from 7am-10pm during a work conference I actually lost feeling in the balls of my feet for TWO weeks. Yes, it made me nervous and I wore flats to work for nearly a month afterwards, before I felt comfortable in heels again. But that one time aside, I genuinely liked wearing heels, the higher the better!


Now that I've spent the last few years in flats while playing mommy to Little Mister and Baby Duex I find that even the occiasional night out in heels is a painful one. By the end of whatever event we've been to -- wedding, reception, party etc I'm in agony and DH doesn't particularly like the snail's pace I'm forced to crawl so I don't keel over in agony. 


In an attempt to find a compromise I bought my first pair of wedges for the wedding we attended in Texas last weekend. Quelle Surprise! Despite the cobblestone, I was just as happy on my feet at 3pm as I was at 9pm! 


So, yesterday as I was taking full advantage of the gift certificate that DH had given me at my favorite neighborhood shoe shop, The Shoe Hive. I found two pairs of Tory Burch wedges that I think will be perfect for summer!



**for some reason I couldn't find a pic of the exact pair of brown wedges. Mine are slightly different and are open toe, just so you know!


What do you think? I love them both and will be wearing them all summer long!


And speaking of Tory Burch, If you haven't read her Mother's Day interview with one of my all time favorite mommy bloggers, Mrs. One Fabulous Mom, please do! You can click here to read the interview. She give some lovely advice about being a working mom and how she keeps her priorities in line. 


Cheers, 
Ouiser

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Thanks for the shout out doll! i still try to rock my heels although now comfort is key!