Thursday, May 6, 2010

Book Review ~ Boycotts & Barflies

I know its been forever since my last book review and I would like to say that its because I've been busy shaping the minds of two precious little boys but in reality I've just been reading a lot of online fanfiction and (as of yet) I'm still not anywhere near ready to "review" that kind of reading lest DH have something to make fun of me for.... well for the rest of my life! He already likens my Twi-session to those cultish Trekies.

So before I get started I thought I'd make my own Twi-Creed... *places hand on copy of Twilight*

I, Ouiser B. swear to remind myself at least once a day that despise my love of Edward, Carlisle and the entire Cullen clan they are in fact fictional characters and in reality I have a wonderful and loving husband that supports me and our two beautiful children.

No matter how "fashionable" it may become, I will NEVER wear, hang or sleep in/on any Twi-related merchandise. This includes all bedding, posters, cardboard cut outs and all clothing and other accessories.


*exception: There is a particular coffee mug that I may not be able to stop myself from ordering but since it hasn't even been produced yet I've got some time.


This is my solemn vow.

Okay, with that off my chest on to today's book... which for the record was originally written as fan fiction. snicker snicker.

Boycotts and Barflies, by Victoria Michaels is PERFECT vacation reading! I pretty much read the whole thing while we were in Texas. Now this little novel isn't likely to win any literary awards but it's light, fluffy, funny and all about young love. Which as you likely know me, is right up my alley.

Grace Park and her two roommates are fresh out of college and while their careers are right on track, their love lives are a mess. So in a drastic attempt to clear out the cobwebs from their disastrous dates they decide to boycott men until New Year's Eve, which is a couple of months away. And which ever lady lasts the longest with out "french kissing" someone wins $600 to be spent on a new pair of fabulous shoes for their first date of the new year.

Well as you might image not long after the bet commences these ladies meet three adorable, witty and devastatingly handsome men. Who, just so happen to be on a bit of a boycott themselves. No more dating barflies!

Who can last longest?? I know I know you are already on the edge of your seat. (giggle giggle) Like I said this is super light beach reading.

Oh and as you know I can NOT keep books around the house at the moment so if this sounds like it's up your alley, I'd be happy to mail you my copy. At the time I purchased the book it wasn't available on Kindle although as I was poking around this morning I see that it now is. So, you can purchase your own copy by clicking here or the kindle version by clicking here.

*Note: As I was looking for a pic of the book cover for you I discovered that the book has it's own website AND it's own playlist AND it's own video trailer. Very cool! Visit www.boycottsandbarflies.com to check it out for yourself.

Happy reading and giggling like the jr. high girl buried deep with in you!

Cheers, 
Ouiser

No comments: