Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Election Day

Be honest you vote for the free sticker, don't you? 
I can't speak for the rest of the country but for those of us working in the business of politics or in my case a former-political-junkie-turned-stay-at-home-mom just near politics, Election Day is like a holiday. A very nerdy one I'll admit but a holiday nonetheless.


This is the day folks seems to have an extra bounce in their step. When everyone is tuned in to cable news, internet news and yes print news, even more so than normal. There are election night parties complete with election scoreboards and election brackets. Bars have all their music turned down and their tvs tuned in to news channels. There are betting and bragging rights on the line and to be honest jobs and careers on the line as well.


I'm giddy with anticipation for my "watch party" with Mr. O. I've long passed the time when I want to sit in a bar or overcrowded hotel suite as the results come in. When I first moved here in the late 90's you could count on early results but these days you'd have to stay up all night and in some cases (looking at you Alaska and Washington State) days or weeks. Instead we're going to settle in with tasty treats, a good wine and a lot of channel surfing!


In honor of today I thought I'd share a political ad you may have missed. This is clearly a high school student project but it's pretty funny and it features the US House race I'll vote in later today. The 10 term democratic congressman Jim Moran is poised to loose his seat to republican candidate Patrick Murray. Statistical Note: this prediction is based solely on the number of yard signs in my neighborhood.


Oh and the camera angles really made me giggle! 


Don't forget to vote early and often!

Cheers,
Ouiser

No comments: