Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween ~ Ms. Paula's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes

Just a quick note to say Happy Halloween! Sorry I've been a bit bloggy delinquent recently. I've been on domestic goddess overload of late. Traveling and baking and preparing birthdays and parties and family visits. But I've got a few things "in the oven" for you so keep your knickers on!

Hoping yall have a spooking scary day filled with grinning goblins and merry monsters! To keep with the theme of the day here's one of my all time favorite recipes from the Queen of Butter, the Dame of the Georgia Drawl .... Ms. Paula Deen! 

All joking aside I'm serious when I tell you these are super easy and I've yet to meet one person that doesn't love these. My advice... cut them small and serve with (home made) whipped cream. Heaven! 

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes
Serves 8
Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make the cake, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.  Pat the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. 
Prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.  Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well.  Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.  Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
Serve with fresh whipped cream.

And I just have to do a quick plug for her website. I didn't even know she had a website till I started looking for the recipe but it's fabulous! Very easy to find what you're looking for and of course full of quirky sassy Paulaisms! Check it out ... www.pauladeen.com 

Cheers, 
Ouiser

No comments: