Friday, November 12, 2010

Autumn in New York City

Mr. O and I are off today for a weekend get away in New York City and I couldn't be more excited. Autumn is my favorite time of year so its no surprise that its also my favorite time to visit The City.

Did I mention we are going with out the littles? Yep, this is only our second time to leave Little Mister and Baby Duex. I know we'll both miss them but I'm not going to lie I'm really excited about waking up Saturday morning and lounging with no responsibilities for a few hours. Enjoying room service, reading the newspaper.. isn't it always the little things?

So, it all started with All I Want for Christmas post from last year. (Yep, there's a nod to RPatzz in this list, natch.) I should have known that Mamere was taking notes! So she surprised me this year with a 6 course tasting dinner and *possible* meet up with Chef Eric Ripert tonight at his restaurant, La Bernardin! I have had a mild crush on the French gentleman-chef-extraordinaire for years now and I'm pleased to say Mamere now shares my, ahem "interest."

I am so excited about dinner and I fully expect to embarrass Mr. O by taking pictures and taking notes. If any turn out I'll be sure to share them with you along with our menu.

With dinner reservations booked Mr. O asked what I wanted to do during the rest of our time. I immediately thought of the Metropolitan Museum of Art! As you may recall from my latest book review I'm slightly obsessed with the museum at the moment. There are a number of pieces I can't wait to see but I'm most looking forward to viewing my favorite Van Gogh, First Steps. I've loved the intimate love shown by father, mother and child in this painting from the first time I saw a photo of it and now that I have children of my own its even more moving. I actually have a framed print in our home and smile every time I see it.

I also got a great recommendation from a girlfriend for visiting Bryant Park. Their Christmas vendors are up and its supposed to be charming and beautiful, plus it's just two blocks from our hotel. Perhaps we can pop into the Bryant Park hotel for a scotch to warm us up! Isn't autumn grand?

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! See yall next week.

Cheers, 
Ouiser

1 comment:

Sandi said...

So where are the pics and the menue? Did you meet "The Chef"?