Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mary Cassatt, Mother and Child
My wish is that every mother finds happiness and love today!  However you choose to celebrate I hope you remember how important you are.

Today was my perfect. I spent the whole day with my darling husband and our two precious boys. Now that I have my own children I understand completely my own mother's need to unabashedly stare and smile at me. As a teen it drove me nuts but now as a mother I find I do it at least once a day. It is in those quiet moments that I am overwhelmed by my love and awe of motherhood. 

I want to wish my own mother a very special Mother's Day! Thank you will never suffice how grateful I am for your life long support, comfort, encouragement, love and friendship.  And I have to say, that goes double for my teen years. Bless MY heart, I was an utter sh*t at times. Thankfully we both survived and now that I am I mother I realize everything you said was in fact true. And in some cosmic fate I've also realized my children will not believe me either. 

In your honor, my top five favorite Mamere-isms!

5.  Hats and gloves never go out of style.

4.  Nothing good happens after midnight. 

3. Don't do anything you aren't ok with the whole town knowing about it. 

2. Never be a squeezed lemon. Always be a fresh fruit.

1. I may not be happy with some decisions you make but I will always, always love you. 


SO untrue in my case but it is all kinds of funny!
I am also blessed to have several other wonderful maternal role-models in my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today with out the love and support of my godmother and my two god-sisters both of whom are incredible mothers. And if that wasn't enough I was further blessed when I married Mr. O to gain a mother in law that others could only dream of. I regularly hear from my friends about how lucky I am to have her in my life, and every time I smile and nod and say, "I know, I am blessed." 



Mary Cassatt, Breakfast in Bed

Cheers, 
Ouiser


2 comments:

AgathaMChristie@yahoo.com said...

My father always said nothing good ever happens after midnight, too, and I repeat it to high school kids all the time.

Look how pretty you and your mother are! What a fantastic picture.

Jessica Ryan said...

Love your blog and thanks for adding me to your blog roll! xo